smokes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

autumbride Posts: 413
who here smokes ? how many a day do you smoke ? have you ever tried to give up ? I am a smoker, smoke about 10 a day and about 4 million if I am out on the piss :o0 Would love to give up though :o(
mad woman Posts: 22106
me too...about 15 a day
Heebie Jeebies Posts: 608
I'm heading towards 8 weeks off cigs, and going well so far thank god - though it hasn't been easy at times! Really hoping that it's for good this time. Loved loved loved my ciggie, but just felt the time was right to quit :-8
[quote="Shortty":3qcvnwez]I'm heading towards 8 weeks off cigs, and going well so far thank god - though it hasn't been easy at times! Really hoping that it's for good this time. Loved loved loved my ciggie, but just felt the time was right to quit :-8[/quote:3qcvnwez] Fair play to you girl..its no joke trying to give up, I have athsma and have been on tablets all week because of it but do you think I stopped smoking..NO and then I wonder why the feckin lungs are burnt out of me
Heebie Jeebies Posts: 608
Autumnbride, my H2B is also a smoker & asthmatic! When we're going out, he's like "have you room in your bag for my fags and my inhaler"...WTF!!! I don't want to nag him to quit, but he really wants to himself anyway and is hoping to give it a go after xmas. He was off them for a year and a half before and went back on them. Now that scares the bejaysus outta me, cos i'm wondering if I can ever be a 'non-smoker' in that case?? At least he hasn't smoked in the house since I quit, which is helping both of us. Hopefully we'll all succeed eventually :compress
Dcd Posts: 1471
I smoke! I'm up to about 20 a day now, I had given up for years and went back on them in April. I was having a shitty day and said I'd have ONE.. that was it.. I'm hooked again :(
clucky Posts: 26471
i have the odd one now and then when out used to smoke 30 a day though just stopped one day
mad woman Posts: 22106
really clucky? :eek
my h2b had given up nagging me at this stage,I have a plan though I have 40 more duty free fags left and when they are gone I am really going to try and give up for good this time..Its just not worth it Plus I was watching would you believe on Sunday night and their was this woman who was only in her 40's with a young family ( her youngest daughter was 10) and she died from lung cancer..now I dont' know if she was a smoker but I was thinking to myself that I dont' want to be like that and have to leave my family behind just because I was to selfish to give up smoking..that program really affected me :o( so fingers crossed that I can give up..Did you just go cold turkey on it Shortty ?
[quote="Clucky":14qh0m07]i have the odd one now and then when out used to smoke 30 a day though just stopped one day[/quote:14qh0m07] Really Clucky..how did you manage to just stop ??