Menu

Smoothies

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Spacehopper Posts: 136
How many points would you give to a smoothie? If it has strawberry, pineapple, a banana, oranje juice and low fat natural yoghurt. I think thats whats in a strawberry blonde?
frillynickers Posts: 1765
did you make it yourself or buy it? If you bought it I would probably say 3-6 points depending on the amount of yogurt and the amount of fruit. Also alot of smoothies have honey in them so you will need to point for that too.
nichona2 Posts: 61
I was actually just wondering about smoothies today!! I was wondering how healthy they are as part of your diet - A smoothy similar to the one above is what I would go for...would like to make it myself in the morning for brekkie. But someone told me that smoothies are actually bad for you...that they are full of sugar?? now i don't understand how a whole load of fruit is bad for you!! If anyone can enlighten me I'd be most greatfull!! :-8
Boocat Posts: 124
[quote="nichona2":llcui4md]I was actually just wondering about smoothies today!! I was wondering how healthy they are as part of your diet - A smoothy similar to the one above is what I would go for...would like to make it myself in the morning for brekkie. But someone told me that smoothies are actually bad for you...that they are full of sugar?? now i don't understand how a whole load of fruit is bad for you!! If anyone can enlighten me I'd be most greatfull!! :-8[/quote:llcui4md] Fruit contains natural sugars so therein the problem lies. I think in general it's considered better to eat the fruit whole rather than in a smoothie format. However, I find fruit quite a measly breakfast and am always hungry afterwards. A bowl of porridge is a far more satisfying breakfast imo.