Smyths changing table

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jeidi Posts: 3128
Hi all, Had a quick sca in Smyths at lunch time, have to get my changing table and bouncer still, and am waiting on their next sale. The changing table was always €99.99 - I know because I got it for my sister about 4 months ago.... and it goes down to €89.99 in the sale... well now they have gone up to €109.99. Will deffo look around now to see can it be found at a better price somewhere else... am very surprised at them to be honest, they're usually very good with their prices.
Mammypig Posts: 832
jeidi - noticed the exact same thing. got mine today in byrnes world of wonder. it was €129 but reduced to €119. just thought it was a little nicer than the one in smyths. was told that smyths have done this just before there sales before so a bit p****d off with it/
whackywoman Posts: 1496
Ikea sell wooden ones for about €30 we have one for DD and it is great,
Grunge Bride Posts: 2529
I wonder will there be a lot of this - prices going up before the "sales"? You wouldn't notice unless you were specifically pricing something. The Angelcare monitor was 99 euro in Eurobaby a few weeks ago, sadly we didn't get it and when we went in it was 109 euro. So we thought oh we'll wait and see if we can get it cheaper. Boots were doing it previously for either 105 or 109, can't remember, but when we went in it was 119! Smyths are still doing it for 109. So that's at least 2 places that raised the prices in the last few weeks....grrr! And we want to have it before the January sales so we had to buy it!
Mrs Electric Posts: 1939
typical rip of Ireland for ya eh? as someone said we would never notice only that we have our eye on certain things. Thats madness, i found mothercare cheaper for most stuff than Smyths, except the bottles. they were cheaper in Smyths, it does pay to shop around.
wexfordbell Posts: 1065
We got the wooden changing table in Smyths for €89 which can be used as shelves afterwards. Got a changing mat in Byrnes and it fits perfectly....