Sneezing, Coughing ...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dootsay Posts: 958
Hi, I have had a seriously bad cold for weeks now, I have been coughing and sneezing constantly and once or twice if I sneeze or blow my nose hard, it really hurts my bump - has anyone had this? as it is quite worrying. I'm thinking of pleading the doc to give me something, as this cold is going on for a month :o( Thanks.
Mrs Mac2be Posts: 571
Hiya I had flu for three weeks over xmas the only thing you can take is paracetemol dont worry about the bump my doc said bubs is unaware of you coughing and splutterin, its an awfull dose hope you feel better soon chick :wv
chocaddict Posts: 344
I'm the same Dootsay. I have allergies and when I sneeze it sometimes causes a twinge in my bump down low. I think it's harmless though, probably just because ligaments down there are tender anyway due to stretching from growing uterus
charli Posts: 5994
i pulled a muscle from turning in bed i think with such a big bump and not much other weight on my body (according to my GP), also in the spot i pulled the muscle i had bruised ribs either from that or from the awful flu i had - Up really high at the top of my bump, under ribcage :o( either way sneezing, coughing was brutal - i had to stop and try and pace myself before coughing it was so sore, could take nothing and just had to ride it out - took about 2 weeks but thankfully, once it was gone i felt brilliant again
under construction Posts: 3458
Haha my DH tells me that it must be like an Earthquake in there for the baby every time i cough :o0 :o0 But yes it does cause twinges in my stomach when i do cough.
oirish Posts: 1541
yup deffo I get pains when I cough or sneeze. sometimes really really sharp sore pain too. I've started curling my knees up when I cough in bed !!
Dootsay Posts: 958
Thanks girls, it's a relief to know that babs is'nt in a tornado every time I sneeze and cough. I went to my doctor and I have a bad infection so I'm all drugged up (safely of course) to combat this bug, so finally the end is in sight! Thanks a million though :thnk