sneezing & stuffy nose during the night

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Girls does anyone get this? The last few nights I have been waking up in the middle of the night with a really stuffed up nose & I sneeze about 40 times! Where the hell did this come from all of a sudden! :eek
petunia Posts: 1626
I only get the sneezing during the day but lately Im waking up cos my mouth is open and all dry cos my nose is bunged up!! verrry annoying.
Nadie Posts: 1111
my pregnancy book says a stuffy nose is a symptom. I'm stuffed up a little bit, but not really sneezing a lot. I'm like Petunia and waking up with the worst case of cotton mouth cos I'm breathing through my mouth all night. Keeping a bottle of water by the bed but otherwise I have no advice, just here to sympathise really!
yorkie Posts: 375
[quote="kindanervous!":36vy09cu]Girls does anyone get this? The last few nights I have been waking up in the middle of the night with a really stuffed up nose & I sneeze about 40 times! Where the hell did this come from all of a sudden! :eek[/quote:36vy09cu] Hey, I am the same. Waking up in the night & sneezing like mad! I have to blow my nose lots during the night too. I've had that for over a week now I'd say.
AA11 Posts: 313
When I was pregnant with my ds I had a stuffy nose at night and sneezed all day, literally every few minutes. It was made worse by the air conditioning at work because it would clear up a lot over the weekend and then get worse during the week, by Wednesday I'd be a sneezing machine. I'm just sympathising as stopping work was what stopped it for me....no sign of it this pregnancy thank god but it is a different time of year so maybe that makes a difference ?
Thanks girls, I do suffer from hayfever anyway & my sinuses. During the day I nearly go mental from the sneezing & as someone mentioned above, I think it's from the air con coz at the wknds I'd be fine. O:| Waking up in the middle of the night has only happened in the last week though. It's very annoying coz I'd be awake for about an hour with it. Another one of the joys of pregnancy I suppose! :o0
MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
mrsodo Posts: 1292
I had the same problem when I came down with flu a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't sleep cause my nose was blocked. I usually use Otravine when this happens, but using it is a big no no during pregnancy. A friend of mine recommended Sterimar and after checking with my doctor she confirmed its perfectly safe. Its a nasal spray made up of a saline solution. You basically irrigate each nostril (sorry if TMI) by spraying each nostril and it really helps. I thought initially that it wasn't working, but I hadn't used it enough. I generally give it about 5/6 different gos on each side, and let some of it go down my throat (TMI again, sorry!). its been a life save though. My friend took it for her hay fever and it helped me with my sinuses. I can't recommend it enough. :wv
originalwoowoo Posts: 867
I had a dose early in pg and the GP prescribed Nasonex and says it is still ok to use for the stuffy nose - I am full of snots in the morning (sorry TMI I know!!!!!)
Thanks girls, might try one of those nasal sprays :thnk