So Annoyed

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

HighMaintenance26 Posts: 2303
Girls this didnt bother me earlier today but the more i think about it the more annoyed i get. I got issued with 2 penalty points this morning because apparently the tyre on my front passenger side was bald O:| O:| O:| i went out to see my dad this evening on my lunch and he checked all my tyres and he said they were all fine and that there was still a tread on the front passenger side tyre, so they weren't bald and from what he could see i shouldn't have been issued penalty points. I have to go to the tyre center tomorrow and they have to measure it for me. Im really pissed of >:o(
Gummiebear Posts: 2911
That's lousy HM it sounds like he just took a dislike to your car earlier and was lookig for any excuse. Did he actually measue the depth of thread on your tyre? Maybe appeal it coz if it's not bald I would be raging too. :wv
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
Is there any way you can appeal penalty points?
gottabfp Posts: 5641
ya but if you fail the appeal you get double the points!
chocbiscuitcake Posts: 658
Sorry but it sounds to be like the guard was probably right - you say that "there was still a tread" on the tyre, but the legal minimum is 1.66 mm, which is quite a deep tread so "bald" does not mean completely bald. In any case, for safety, I wouldn't let my tyres get anywhere near the legal minimum before changing them - they are what stops your car after all, and the only bit of the car that touches the road, so you really should look after them. By all means, go and have a chat with the garage and see what they say, but judging from what you've said, I can't imagine you will be in the right. And while you're there, get them to check the others and make sure you replace them too if they recommend it. You might be relieved to hear that in most cases, having 2 points won't affect your insurance premium.
Groovy-Chick Posts: 2383
Did you go to tire center? How'd ya get on??
yeah i went to the tyre centre this morning and i was just below the legal limit, so got a new tyre. the other 3 tyres are grand, but im gonna do checks on them from now on, H2B or my dad normally does it for me but they have both been so busy. so i need to do it myself going forward. Glad to hear 2 points wont affect my insurance i was worried about that. Just wondering girls, would i have to notify my insurance company that i have been issued with 2 penalty points. My insurance wa sonly renewed last month.
Well at least you only needed the one, still a pain in the bum tho! Not sure about Insurance company, god forbid but if anything happened would it affect your claim because it doesnt state you have penalty points??? You have to state all that when filling in the forms like...
[quote="Groovy_Chick":3qcdrvu4]Well at least you only needed the one, still a pain in the bum tho! Not sure about Insurance company, god forbid but if anything happened would it affect your claim because it doesnt state you have penalty points??? You have to state all that when filling in the forms like...[/quote:3qcdrvu4] thats exactly what i was thinking if i was involved in an accident *touching wood here* would it affect a claim. TBH i'm more annoyed about the fine, that was to buy a new guess handbag i seen in menary's on friday and i said i would wait til i get back from dublin. I could do a whip around to see if i get enough in the kitty to pay the fine then i can buy the handbag :o0
See if that was me, I would pay the fine then buy the handbag to cheer myself up!!! :o0 Do you know how much the fine will be yet?