So Confussd!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

overthemoon! Posts: 1479
hi all, i found the most beautiful wedding dress for €1450 in one shop and was planning on getting the bm dresses there too which would allow me a 10% discount. their styles were fab and the girls were just so helpful. their seamstress is just up the street and they said she was excellent. The total of 1 wedding dress + 3 BM dress would be approx €2275 before any alterations to any of them. the shop is first class and i know the dresses wud be just perfect. then of course i found the exact same wedding dress in another shop for €1100. this leaves me with a cheaper wedding dress but outside seamstress who isnt meant to be great (according to reports as i dont know yet) and i would be all over the place again trying to get bm dresses. should i fork out extra cash and get 4 perfect dresses or work me butt to the bone stressing out trying to run all over the place to get 4 dresses to match etc etc. O:| O:| O:| wow i do go on!! thanks all :thnk :thnk
FunnyFace Posts: 225
Why don't you try and negotiate, saying that you can find the dress cheaper elsewhere? TBH I would pay a relatively small premium for excellent service and the assurance you've got there.
ya its quite true isnt it? i was going to ring the first shop and say that i found the dress for €300 cheaper elsewhere but would have preferred to get it with them along with the BM dresses. my dad was with me on the day and his advice was to order wedding dress in my size, bring 3 bms there some day to get fitted and be done with it. a couple of saturdays would cover the lot. even if the first shop knocked €150 off i wud be delighted. will buzz her this evening but dont want to sound like im buying a second hand car. :o0 im crap at negotiating. has anyone else negotiated the price of their dresses?
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I would pay that little bit extra for better service & peace of mind!
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
You should definitely contact the first shop and explain that you found the dress cheaper
fluffiesmam Posts: 1470
i would have to say, peace of mind would be worth more than a few hundred euros on your big day!! Anyway, i would totally go back to the shop and say that you have found the cheaper dress, and bargain down a little, surely this and the 10% will save you enough the justify it.
treefern Posts: 63
I rang a shop and said I had seen my dress cheaper elsewhere. Asked was there anything they could do for me, they said they would match the price. No harm asking...
thats interesting treefern i will ring them this evening and see what they can do so. thanks for all the advice. its great to get it done on the cheap but my its stressfull!!
BusyDee Posts: 8527
[quote="Sheehy2":23xdmyrw] my dad was with me on the day [/quote:23xdmyrw] Awww thats so nice! Never heard of dads goin dress shopping with their daughters, why not! But you should def bring it to their attention that you can get the dress cheaper somewhere else and see what they can do for you.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Yeah deffo ring them. I got 200 euro off my dress cause I have seen it else where for cheaper. If they wont go any lower I would still go with them though, would rather pay the extra for peace of mind