so excited!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sinion Posts: 6050
first time starting a thread in here :o)ll I finish my current pill pack in a week, then I have my period, then it's a week to the wedding. We decided last night that I won't go onto my next pack after and and while we won't actively start trying straight away, we'll just wait and see what happens! I've been taking folic acid but not religiously, i'm really bad at that, but for the last two weeks I've been taking it every day. I'm also on iron tablets as I was anaemic at the beginning of the year. Just wondering what else I can do to get my body in good nick? I've really cut down drinking and started eating healthier, trying to get my 5 portions of fruit and veg each day and such. It's really bad, I'm actually more excited about this than the wedding!!
NotHere Posts: 10273
Woohoo! Welcome! :wv I would pay a visit to your doc, just to get checked out first. Some women need to get a rubella check because the vacination can wear off. Also, I'm not sure about the iron tablets in early stages of pregnancy? But could be wrong. Anyway, welcome again, you will have great fun here on 2ww's etc. I hope it happens soon for you, but if it takes a few months don't dispair. The longer it takes the bigger your bond will be with the girls here. It's all good. :babydust: :wv Oh and PS be prepared for a long first cycle, that happens sometimes when you come off the pill, my first cycle was 44 days! :eek
thank you! had my rubella check 6 months ago along with a chlamydia check when I went for a smear. I mentioned to the doc that I was getting married in 6 months and she insisted we do the rubella check! I do read this part of the forum all the time, just never post as I felt I was intruding, but now I'm all for it!
jen2 Posts: 3106
:wv :wv :wv Hello. God you must be so excited. Your getting married in a week, and thinking about having a baby. You seem to be doing everything right. Good on you. Where are you off to on the honeymoon? If i dont talk to you before, best of luck with everything, and enjoy every minute of it. :thnk Jen2
we're off to New Zealand for 3 weeks :o)ll :o)ll I have 11 days left in the office then off for 4 weeks I just can't wait to come off the pill, been on it for so long and had so many problems with it, i've changed to about 5 different brands in the last few years as they're generally not strong enough and I end up bleeding for about 15 days a month, hence the anaemia! O:|
jen2 Posts: 3106
OH New Zeland is ment to be beautiful. I have never been there, but lots of my friends have, and say they would love to go back on day. Jen2
NotHere Posts: 10273
Sinion, on the pill my periods used to last up to 5 days and were very heavy. When I came off it they became very light and lasted for 2 and a half days exactly! It was fantastic! :o)ll
ooh I hope that happens to me too! a few years ago I bled for almost a month solid, it was horrendous!