So Frustrated

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sharmon Posts: 437
I work in a lab & I was doing a straight foward experiment today (well it should have been straight foward). But every time I do it I get the opposite result to what I expect, I'm starting to think I'm going lala & I have to repeat it again tomorrow to make sure it's not something stupid I did myself, but after retracing all of my steps I can't see where I could have gone wrong!??? It's so frustrating sometimes............................
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
Can someone oversee exactly what your doing. Sometimes when you've a fresh pair of eyes watching, they see something obvious that you dont. Hope you get it tomorrow
Moet for me Posts: 1841
Funnily enough I am sitting here writing my thesis (that is why I'm on WOL :o0 ) and I am trying to justify the exact same situation in a set of my results. I repeated the experiment 4 times under the supervision of the lab tech 2 of those and got mad answers so I'm no help O-O . God damn wet chemistry I fecking hate it.
mollyeile Posts: 2486
Could there be a problem with the reagents? If this happens me I generally start with all fresh ones (where I can). It could be that one of them has gotten contaminated.
sharmon Posts: 437
The reagents are brand new, only made them up before I started the experiment, unfortunately I pretty much the expert on the experiment I'm doing as well. However I'm going to break out all new reagents tomorrow & start fresh, fingers crossed..........
mollyeile Posts: 2486
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you !!