So i may have to avoid my local shop...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Trinitym Posts: 341
Hi Ladies, I've just lost the rag in my local shop...and i swear the "vent" felt great!! I'm staying in my mums tonight due to a family bereavement and i called into the local shop to get some buns/cakes for the wake, etc we live away from home and are usually only "home" every few weeks but recently i've been down most weekends...so, I've been going into the shop more regularly and the "cacklers" (as my husband calls them because they stand around gossiping in between and even during serving you) have been asking me every week how far gone i am, commenting on the size of my bump and how big it is for only being xx amount of weeks, etc!!!! I've been laughing and joking along with them the last few weeks because i love my bump and i love looking pregnant! But tonight i just snapped...its been a shitty week and i'm probably a bit over emotional but it started when i arrived at the till with my buns/cakes for the wake and one of them said "god your cravings are getting bad"....i just snapped back, "they're actually for the wake not me" and gave her a "withering" look!! Then the other one pipes in and says, "when did you tell me you were due" i said "Christmas"... she said "oh my god, you'll never see Christmas the size of you"...and then i SNAPPED!!! I said along the lines of "I'll never see Christmas?? Why?? Do you think i'll be dead or something or i'll explode? I mean i'm growing a baby, not a goldfish and honestly you must have been at the back of the line when they were giving out tact because i would never be so rude to comment on anyone's size, never mind a pregnant woman... i'd tell her she looks fantastic and i hope she is enjoying the glow"...she then started to back track and say "oh you do look great and its probably just because you're normally so slim"...i cut her off and said "sorry girls i have to go and stufff my fat face full of cakes to fill this gorilla inside me, bye" and i sauntered out!!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0 I swear i could see their jaws hanging on the ground when i went past the window!!!! But honestly, it felt great and i know i shouldn't have reacted but i just COULDN'T help myself!! I came home and told my mum and she is laughing her head off and said she'll have to go in tomorrow and face them and she might buy a bunch of bananas and tell them its for the "gorilla grandchild"!!!!
DaisyB Posts: 1708
HILARIOUS!!!!!! and good on ya!! i absolutley hate when people start telling me ''oh my god your massive'' or ''your VERY big'' people can be so rude.. i must remember your little speech for the next time some idiot annoys me commenting on my size... :o0 :o0
MrsGilhooley Posts: 1235
Priceless! Well done!
CestMoi Posts: 2162
:yelrotflmaosmilie: That's brilliant! I'd love to have been a fly on the wall there. Oh seriously tell us where you live so we can go catch up on the next LIVE episode! :yelrotflmaosmilie: Fair play to you, hate people like that with no clue what they are saying and don't have the cop on to realise they are offending people!
Trinitym Posts: 341
I hope to god no one from my home town is on this or i'll be the talk of the "chapel porch" on sunday!!!
Mrs W Posts: 2923
Fair play to you! At least you won't have to put up with the same crap for the next 3 months!
dilin o damhsa Posts: 776
Fairplay to you! And I love you're mum's response about the bananas! We all have days where things get too much and some people don't know when to shit up. You've probably done all the future pregnant women in the town a big favour.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Good woman, hope they get the message now!! Love your mam's comment about the bananas. Sorry for your loss by the way x
safari girl Posts: 309
Laughed to the point of tears at your post. Absolute class! Most people are lovely and are telling me how well I look, but you always get one or two who haven't a clue and tell you you're massive. I'd love to do what you did some days. Well done! :o0
bluepolkadots Posts: 1237
[quote:2fuuflth]i cut her off and said "sorry girls i have to go and stufff my fat face full of cakes to fill this gorilla inside me, bye" and i sauntered out!!!!! [/quote:2fuuflth] That's hilarious! The cheek of them. Glad you feel better for the vent! :)