so its happened to us as well...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*Lexi* Posts: 2600
h2b was told today that he is being laid off and was given his two weeks notice im all upset here as i write i just feel so fustrated -four guys that were taken on after him are being kept and they also are refusing to pay him redundancy as they say that when the company picks up again in a few months they would willing to re hire him-he would never again work for these people does anyone know where i can find info about redundancy ?
RainbowBright Posts: 1425
Sorry to hear that Lexi....surely to God he is entitled to redunancy. Why did they not let the newer guys go?
rockstar Posts: 1815
so sorry to hear that Lexi. I dont have any onfo on redundancy or anything just wanted to say i hope your h2b gets sorted with something else really soon :-8
Forgottenpassword Posts: 1078
God so sorry to read this. If he is being made redundant he is at least entitled to statutory redundancy, I would get onto citizens advice regarding it. How long has he been with the company? FP
DiamondWife Posts: 1347
sorry to hear your news lexi, i know what your going thru, i'm being let go at the end of the month myself. my only advice is try citizens advice and also the depart of trade and employment, their website is www.entemp.ie best of luck with it :wv
emlo Posts: 1506
Ah sorry to hear that Lexi. It's just so sh[i:9bx4ksyg]i[/i:9bx4ksyg]t what's happening. I thought though companies had to comply with the "first in, last out" policy when it came to redundancies? Only in H2B's job they had to let someone go recently and they were gutted as she was one of their best workers but he was the last one in so had to be the one to go
frillynickers Posts: 1765
I think th citizens information bueraue can help you out here. As far as I am aware if they do not give you date for re-employment they are obliged to pay him redundency http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... y-payments http://www.redundancy.ie/employee/redundancyinfo.html
HarmattanRose Posts: 1444
Sorry to hear your news Lexi. I don't know the situation in the South but there is a redundancy payment calculator on this. [url:1evmxggw]http://www.delni.gov.uk/templated_er_3_july_2008_2.pdf[/url:1evmxggw] I imagine it is pretty standard across the EU. Good luck.
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
God lexi Im sorry to hear that, as for the redundancy I know the company my DH works for did this to some staff, they put them on temporary release saying that when it picks back up they'll be taking them back on.
*Lexi* Posts: 2600
thats what i thought to-last in,first out . i think i will give the citizens advice a ring tomorrow does anyone have any idea of what we would be entitled to in terms of dole etc?i know that i will prob get all the info tomorrow off the citizens advice but would be good to have an idea now he has been with the company for less than 2 years so i dont know if he is entitled to the redundancy