So many weddings!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sassypants Posts: 4461
Found out yesterday that my bestest friend has just gotten engaged!!!! Yippeeeeeee :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll love her OH and they make a great couple so am DElighted for them 2 of my other close friends are also engaged and getting married next year, h2b's good friend (who he'll be best man for) is also getting married next year. That's a possible 4 weddings next year, all of really good friends. How do people do it? H2b and I have been to about 1 wedding a year in the 3 years we've been together but i honestly don't know how we'll be able to do that many. God, we're really at "that age" now. (I'm 29, he's 30) Feeling very old!
happyfamily Posts: 3323
I've 6 weddings and 6 hen parties this year :eek Can't wait for each of them but it means we'll get no holiday away this year :o( They really cost a fortune ;o(
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Me and H2B have been to SEVENTEEN weddings in the past four years or so! I love weddings though and after our one in April now, we've another in Canada in August. You just do it, really. Each one is different and each one is a different circle of friends/family like? We made the most of the nights in the hotels! >:o) >:o) It is expensive alright, but we wouldn't have missed them and were delighted we were able to make all of them.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
Between March this year and March next year I'm going to have 6 weddings/hens including my own!! They are only the ones I know of so far!!! Could be more!! I could have had a 7th but that wedding is the day after mine so won't be making it to that one obviously as much as I would love to!!!
moanna Posts: 1081
we had 8 wedding in 2008. invited to 10 went to 8. cost us a fortune had no holiday that year but enjoyed most of them. we reckon they cost us an average of 500 quid a wedding between everything!!! thank god we only have one this year or id would have to put ours on hold
Sassypants Posts: 4461
[quote="Smileykaz":3vq09imc]We made the most of the nights in the hotels! [/quote:3vq09imc] Ha, that's kinda the plan Kaz!! Girls, I thought I was bad, you guys having 7 etc. is crazy... doesnt bear thinking about the money (but hey, we get new dresses for each of them, eh?) I'm looking forward to them all cos they are all really good friends and they'll all be amazing for different reasons (some will be traditional, some a little quirky). I just hope that none of them set the date for the day after ours like your friend Scruff1! Happyfamily, I forgot about the hen parties, cr*p!!!
Decisions11 Posts: 1246
I have 6 weddings all of close friends and our own stuck in the middle
starbar10 Posts: 991
8 weddings this year between April and October - some family some friends. Not going to be getting new dresses for each of them becuase they all require over night stays, none are where we live or where our parents live so by the time we pay for accomodation and a gift I wont be able to afford a new dress for each one *) Looking forward to them though :o)ll