So messy when drunk!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

koala Posts: 202
Cant believe I done it again!!! :duh: When I'm out, there is a fifty fifty chance I end up getting emotional over something. I'm so disappointed with myself for doing it last night! :o( I think I have come to the realisation that I cant handle my drink, so will totally have to cut back and maybe just stick to West Coast Cooler. Anybody else who has made this decision and how is it going??
Sheesh Posts: 1129
[quote="koala":19srrni5]Cant believe I done it again!!! :duh: When I'm out, there is a fifty fifty chance I end up getting emotional over something. I'm so disappointed with myself for doing it last night! :o( I think I have come to the realisation that I cant handle my drink, so will totally have to cut back and maybe just stick to West Coast Cooler. Anybody else who has made this decision and how is it going??[/quote:19srrni5] Aww hun don't beat yourself up over it, it happens to everyone at some stage I'm sure. I stick to West Coast Cooler when I' out now as I cant handle anything else, like every other drink results in me bawling crying over everyone and saying stupid soppy stuff. I love being able to go out now and remembering what I have said to people.Try the West Coast Cooler, I find that I can still get jolly but don't end up langers with it. O:o)
Muse Posts: 1580
A friend of mine finds that certain drinks do this to her. She gets super-emotional and causes rows etc. so she now stays away from certain drinks and she's a bit better. Try a few others before you restrict yourself to the WCC.
NAUGHTYDAISY Posts: 1734
Used to have plenty of crazy nights myself on the booze, getting emotional every now and then or just acting mad. Have cut back a lot in the last couple of years though and cannot remember the last time I was drunk. I read an article a good while back now about how more and more woman are choosing to be "three-total". Basicallly, it is trying to stick to a three alcoholic drinks only on a night out. I really find it works for me and I never get drunk, just a little merry. Try not to dwell on it too much, it happens to the best of us but if it is starting to worry you then do stick to a drink you feel won't do this to you and maybe try having a few soft drinks in between alocholic drinks on a night out too.
GirlFriday Posts: 1815
I've tried nights out with only WCC but it makes me angry, I turn into a serious b1tch after drinking it for long enough >:o) No idea why...
koala Posts: 202
Thanks for the replies. I'm just fed up cringing the next day, thinking about how silly I behave. I can't really pinpoint a particular drink, so for now I'm going to stick to WWC and limit myself to 3 or 4. Down the road I might introduce coors light and then if I go back to my old ways, I'll know what drink caused it. so................I'm never touching wine again :-8
Muse Posts: 1580
Koala, how is it that you act though? Is it teary or is it argumentative? The embarassment the next day is awful, isn't it?
Reesespieces Posts: 145
Koala, any way you could stick to just three glasses of wine?
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
Been there, done that. :-8 . Eventually I just stopped going out on nights I knew I was upset or had something on my mind. Me, mixed emotions and drinsk = messy. Then I realised I could still go out but just avoid my loony soup which is vodka. Stick to West Coast Coolers and two glasses of wine. Don't worry though, you're human and most of us have been there. Drink is a depressant after all. Taking it in the right measures and when you're in the right frame of mind it's great but boy can it be the enemy at times. Don't beat yourself up about it. :action32
Jawl Posts: 8881
I think everybody has that one drink that makes them an emotional wreck. For me it's beer, any more than 2 bottles and I'm a wreck! My SIL can't touch vodka. And I think copious amounts of wine can reduce anybody to a wreck. That's why I only drink wine in the privacy of my own four walls :o0