So so sad - think my heart is going to break.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Baby Tigger Posts: 3394
Oh girls I am so upset today. My baby cat Cocoa was killed last night. I had him 6 years yesterday and I knew when he didn't appear last night that something had happened to him. My neighbour heard me out looking for him and said "I think he's under the car". I called him but he didn't show. Then I saw him but he was just lying there and wasn't moving. I called Daddy and he took him. Mam has picked a spot in the garden for him to be buried today. Girls I am so upset. All I can see is him lying under the car. There wasn't a mark on him so I don't know if he was poisoned or was run over. I know it was only a cat and I would be better of being upset over humans being killed but he was my baby. He would appear as soon as he heard me and would practically talk to me. My head is wrecked. I'm at work but all I want to do is go home and cry my eyes out. Dorry for going on. Just thought that it might seem a bit more real if I wrote it down. Cocoa.
willful Posts: 6822
Cocoa, you poor thing, my heart goes out to you....all our dogs at home are like members of the family and hate the thought of anything happening to them. Don't feel silly because he was 'only a cat', I know how much animals can mean to people. Take it easy today pet.
Gone2007 Posts: 4182
Oh Cocoa I'm so so sorry. It is just awful. i lost my Tigger only a couple of months ago, and even though I only had her a short while i was heartbroken. Don't feel at all bad about being so upset, it is only natural, you have every right to be. Mind yourself. xxx
Picnic Posts: 921
Cocoa, you poor thing. I know how you feel as my gorgeous doggie was killed last year and it broke my heart. I never thought I could feel so upset and heartbroken and nobody understood because they just saw him as a dog whereas he was my buddy. My heart goes out to you, take care of yourself. :action32
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Ah Cocoa I'm sorry to hear that. Its nearly like losing a family member when a pet dies, they mean so much to us. I still get teary thinking about having my doggie put down, and that was 8 years ago! So don't feel silly about being upset. Thinking of you today. Hugs~K
clucky Posts: 26471
oh cocoa i am crying here for you i know how you feel i lost my cat years ago same way and it was horrible. you poor thing - my heart breaks for you - take care
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Im so sorry Cocoa what an awful thing to happen. He was not "only a cat"any loved pet means so much to animals lovers. I'm just like KKranberry remembering our dog who had to be put down over 15 years ago,its devastating. He will be remembered in more ways than one.(god im nearly in tears here) take care Dolly x
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Oh Cocoa, thats terrible, i feel so bad for you, my Mothers cat was killed on our road a few years ago and she was devastated. I remember going into the kitchen and seing her holding the cat (who as well hadnt a mark on her) and crying her heart out. She wouldnt even let us take her from her for hours she was so upset. It is like a member if the family dying. Dont feel silly for grieving you obviously loved the cat, you had him for 6 years and your username is after him. :action31
Wifey-Pooh Posts: 2125
Oh poor you! Really sorry to hear about Cocoa, I know it's really hard :action32
ohsohappybride Posts: 3476
Hi Cocoa, I'm really sorry to hear about your cat. I hope you're ok. I have a little dog and I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to her. Pets become a very important family member. Take care of yourself, xx. Ohsohappy