so thirsty?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

daisy chains Posts: 235
Anyone else so thirsty while pregnant? I am not sure if it is cravings or what. But in the middle of the night I wake up with a dry mouth and during the day I am so so thirsty. I constantly want freezing cold drinks. Just wondering is anyone else having these symptoms?? My 12 week scan is next week so will def mention it to the doctor.
Mrs Snuffleupagus Posts: 554
I've been feeling the same since about 6 weeks. The weeks when MS was really bad I struggled to drink enough. I hope that its ok. Would be worried about developing gestational diabetes. Scan next Saturday.
black pearl Posts: 3513
yep had this on both pregnancies, this time more so than before but it is part of the pregnancy so dont worry too much about, it seems water is the best man for the job x
I am a thirsty person normally so maybe it is increased while pregnant. I have a healthy diet and exercise so I wouldn't worry about the diabetes. Had urine tested in last doc visit and nothing showed up so will say it to consultant next week and see what she says, will update this with more info.
ladyinwaiting13 Posts: 43
This was my first pregnancy symptom. I'm now 22 weeks with twins and still really thirsty. I go nowhere without my water bottle which I drink from constantly throughout the day. I also wake up in the middle of the night with dry mouth. I estimate I must drink 3 -4 litres of water a day. I have spoken to my Gp about it and she isn't concerned. Thought it was a twin pregnancy symptom....have you had an early scan or will this be your first?!!
Had a scan at 7 weeks,one heartbeat!
wowza Posts: 556
I'd be quite thirsty too, but mention it to the doc if you think it's extreme.
paperclips Posts: 3146
In the early weeks of this pregnancy, I would easily have drank about 3 ltrs of water a day. I actually craved water. Now in the later weeks of pregnancy, this has worn off and I would drink about 1-2 ltrs of water. I think I would drink more if I didn't have to use the loo every 5 mins. I would also need a drink during the night as my mouth would be really dry. I would have a water with a dash of lime by my bed to quince thirst. On the plus side my skin looks great and I'm putting it down to all the water I drink and at my last appointment I was told that there was plenty of fluids surrounding baby and to keep up drinking water. I would drink decaf tea and coffee throughout the day also, so more water would be needed to keep body hydrated. No one batted an eyelid at the amount of water I'm drinking!!
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
Yes i was like this at the beginning and its back again this last week or so. I think im getting to the stage of dreaming about drinking fizzy drinks :o0
h42 Posts: 41
Yup have been like this on both pregnancys! I drank so much ribena last time I was convinced the child would be purple.