So tired

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi girls, i am feeling extremely tired this week. We are moving house on Friday and have spend the last 2 weeks out there tiling and getting it ready. I couldnt go out last night cos i was feeling so dizzy and weird and ended up fighting with DH, i think he thinks im exaggerating in order to avoid working out there after work!! I wish he could feel this tiredness for even one day and he would understand. He is normally very understanding i know he is under pressure to get the house ready and he is wrecked himself. I have to go after work today, is there anything i can take to get a bit of energy. Im so tired at times i nearly fall down. Do i need to consult my doc to take iron tablets, also im very constipated will they make me worse? Thanks.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I'm the same tiredness has been my main complaint since the beginning,I got my iron levels checked again as I just felt they were low but they were fine...we just need more sleep.Im not taking anything for it but if you want too you will have to talk to your doctor dont take anything unless he says so... Moving is stressful enough without being pregnant-just take your time it will get done,do what you can not whats expected
Spice Bride Posts: 558
You poor thing. I take Spatone - it's an iron supplement in liquid form. You mix it with some orange juice and just make sure that you don't drink any tea or coffee for two hours after (inhibits iron absorbtion). I don't think that you need to get your doc to ok it but always best to phone and check.
babyboom Posts: 294
Hi NLTG I can only imagine how exhausted you must be. Moving takes so much out of you without being pregnant. Unfortunately I can't offer any advise as to what to take as I'm as bad myself can't stay awake past 10 at night. Then dreaming non stop about everything & everyone! Hopefully this will pass after the 12 wks. Take Care of yourself & try get as much sleep as possible. *)
Thanks girls. Its unbelievable its not like normal tiredness "oh ive had a late night" type of thing, i literally feel i could fall down sometimes its overwhelming. Il give the doc a ring and see what she says, thanks again. :thnk
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:wgiqj1m1]My tiredness never eased off and I'm just constantly exhausted!! The doctor told me to take Galpher iron tablets. I took them for about 3 weeks and found zero change in my sleepiness only that I was becoming constipated!! What I literally do now is any minute I have to spare I just lye down and have a mini nap whether I sleep or not I find it helps!![/color:wgiqj1m1]
Thanks Christmas B, i must try that one, maybe go to my car and lie down.!! I think the iron would only constipate me worse i may eat more red meat.