So upset

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

New Mrs Posts: 660
We sent out our invitation yesterday and i sent one to my moh as she had asked me if i had one left over that she would love one as a memento. Now we ordered them from england and we both proofed them over the net. When our name on on the invite, its in fancy lilac writing. We didnt notice but they left out a letter of h2b surname. So i get a text of my moh saying 'did u not spellcheck the invite when u ordered them?' I said yes we did but we both did not spot the mistake as it was difficult to see over the ne, was too late to change them then' She then text back 'thats so embarrassing'. I text back saying im not embarassed by it at all, we love our invitations. Im so upset over the comment. Ive already been on a few time about my bridemaids. This is backlash from her because i had a fight with her sis who's also my bridesmaid. She was bringing a friend we both didnt want at the wedding. What a fucking cow.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Sorry, but what a b**ch! Try to put it out of your mind! We're all only human after all and to be honest, most people probably won't even spot it!
lux Posts: 6270
It's horrible, but more to the point will you want her standing beside you as a BM on the wedding day? I know if I wasn't very happy with someone I wouldn't want to have them front and center with me and in my pics of my wedding!
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I'd expect a friend to not mention it and certainly not be so tactless as your MOH. After all it's too late to point out the error, they've been posted. I'm sure she didn't mean it but it seems like she took a bit of glee in it to be honest. Immature really. My bestfriend was doing the Communion Reflection at our wedding and it was only a few weeks after that he mentioned they spelt hands wrong - hnads. He made abit of a joke of it but it was grand because it was over and I wasn't keyed up anymore. He certainly wouldn't have said it before, once it was too late.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
what a cow!! one of my friends is getting married next week and on the RSVP part, her name is spelt wrong.. i only noticed this as she pointed it out! never would have noticed it otherwise and even if i did, it would have went out of my head straight away! Nobody else will give it a second thought, if they even notice!
Sodapop Posts: 3220
oh no - that's just plain awful of her - I would never ever point something like that out to someone especially about their wedding invitation!! as another poster said - no one will even notice! they will be too busy looking at the beautiful lilac writing!!
New Mrs Posts: 660
Nobody else noticed, but they scrutinised the invitation. SHe hasn't text back after my smart text. It has really deflated my excitment about the invitations. Im paranoid that everyone is going to notice now. Fuckin botich
Twirl Posts: 5598
Thats being a right cow. She should have been sympathetic towards you or at least told you no-one else will notice just to give you support so your not feeling bad. Anyway, if you didnt notice the mistake then no-one else will. She was obviously looking for flaws.
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
[quote="MrsDodders":2y8fyc5g]My bestfriend was doing the Communion Reflection at our wedding and it was only a few weeks after that he mentioned they spelt hands wrong - hnads. He made abit of a joke of it but it was grand because it was over and I wasn't keyed up anymore. He certainly wouldn't have said it before, once it was too late.[/quote:2y8fyc5g] We were at one of hubbys (numerous) friends wedding a few years ago. There was a lot of whispering and nudging in the church from the lads. The couple had printed thier own booklets but like that, they'd proof read of course, but you need a fresh pair of eyes at times for these things.....They'd used the template of someone elses booklet....and twice, the the wrong names were printed, so instead of "Mary & John", it was "Lisa & Mark"......... :-8 Back to the main point, what a b1tchy thing for her to say, [b:2y8fyc5g]SACK HER!!! [/b:2y8fyc5g]If it was me, I'd be worrying about what sort of comments she'd say on the day, you don't need the added stress.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Ok Im just gonna look at it here from a different point of view..... So if she is your MOH Im assuming that ye two are very close. Maybe she wasnt being smart as such, maybe she was just saying.... if you know what I mean. Sorry Im not explaining it very well, I just mean like maybe she was just voicing her opinion as I would with my best friend. Yes a bit tactless of her, but not ment in a mean way. You noticed the mistake and I'd say you were all ready nervous and concerned sending them out so what was probably a throw away comment to her has you up in arms.