Soft Cervix & Sweep?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

adelz Posts: 3088
Hi all, so had sweep done today and doc told me that head was down more than she had thought and that my cervix was nice and soft.... Have any of you been told that and had a sweep, has it kicked off things for you????
Twirl Posts: 5598
Babsdel, have never had it done before but i just wanted to wish you the best of luck. Cant believe you are at the finish line already.
Thanks twirl, yeah it has gone quickly and to be honest Ive been so lucky cuz Ive had such a good preg really all in all. I hope you are doing well and all is going well for you too :xox
Twirl Posts: 5598
Ah thats great. I have been lucky too thankfully. Apart from some back pain ( which is normal for me ) and babs i think getting into position which has been a little sore, other than that all has been great. I did come across a thread before on M&K about Sweeps, sometimes they dont all work and sometimes it can take two days. How was the sweep itself? Was it sore? I hate going for smears, i tense up, you would swear the nurse was about to kill me so im afraid i would do the same if i have to have a sweep.
Would you believe I just asked could I have it, chanced my arm, I didn't think she'd do it as Im not due til Mon....so when she agreed I was thrilled. It was uncomfy but not sore as such, I suppose the fact I actually didn't know what to expect was half the battle itself :o0 I still am a bit uncomfy so hopefully all good If it works Ill be happy out..... :wv Hope all yours goes well now, yeah when babs was going low down on me the pains were def there, but worth it when you're told its in good position etc
march2009 Posts: 56
i had a sweep when i was 40+5 and i def think it started me off. now i did find it really painful and id say i cried for ages after it but am sure alot of that was hormones aswell!! anyhow i had bleeding after the sweep and that night i had pains going to bed. The next morn my labour pains had started and by that evening i was in the labour ward! my DS was born the following day. i was told at my sweep that the babs was v low (athough im tiny and my DS was very long so he had to be low, there was nowhere else for him to go!!) and my cervix was favourable...so basically hopefully wont be too long for you now, good luck!
Thanks for that, yeah I didn't find it sore as such but did find it uncomfy. Still quite uncomfy to be honest. Not had a show or any blood as of yet anyway. Im knackered though.... Have twinges still so hopefully that is all good signs. Thanks a mill for the reply :wv
lilytiger Posts: 536
I had one at 39+1, the doctor who did it said the same as you, the cervix was soft and looked good for a first baby! I had it on the Monday, got a show on Tuesday afternoon and my waters broke the following Sunday. I rang the hospital when I got the show and the midwife I spoke to said it could take up to 5 days for something to happen. I do remember feeling achy down there afer the sweep, hope something happens for you soon!
Well girls nothing really to report, I had it yesterday and got better nights sleep than previous nights! Not as crampy today O:| Had no show or anything but does everybody have a show after a sweep??? I have noticed sorry now tmi big blobs of mucus when wipe after been in bathroom, I take it thats mucous plug, could it be??? Its not any colour in particular just big blobs.... Im still hoping that this could be body just quietening down before event or else it just hasn't worked!!! Any advice? :wv
lilytiger Posts: 536
That sounds exactly like what I had and the way I went!! My waters broke 5 days later. I'd say something will happen for you soon! Best of luck!