Some help please ....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger power Posts: 1632
Iv two cuts/cold sores at side of my mouth but am using coldsore cream on them but when they just seem like there healing they break and really hurt, any help or suggestions to help me??? they are so red and sore, i dread eating etc!!!! :o( :o( :o(
McLisa Posts: 1815
Have you tried taking Lysine supplements? They are brilliant for cold sores as soon as I feel one coming on I take them and it usually prevents a full blown infection
[quote="McLisa":1zkzccjx]Have you tried taking Lysine supplements? They are brilliant for cold sores as soon as I feel one coming on I take them and it usually prevents a full blown infection[/quote:1zkzccjx] am being stupid what are these?Where can i get these? i dont know if its gotten infected its just so sore :o( :thnk
Makka Pakka Posts: 620
It sounds like you need a tonic of some sort to give you a boost. These cuts at side of your mouth are usually when run down. A good multivitamin will help. I get coldsores and L-Lysiene is great. Take it twice a year and it prevents them.
[quote="Baby H":2dq2kwkr]It sounds like you need a tonic of some sort to give you a boost. These cuts at side of your mouth are usually when run down. A good multivitamin will help. I get coldsores and L-Lysiene is great. Take it twice a year and it prevents them.[/quote:2dq2kwkr] L-Lysiene where do i get this??? i have cold sore cream on it, its a bit crusty sounds horrible, i looked it up and google siad could be a thrush infection yuck, dont know what to do :o( :o( :o( would just any box of multivitatmin help? i was low in vitatmin B12 and got shots for this, which i didnt like, had some side effects! i feel like crying because it looks horrible! im debating to put cansten cream on it tonight instead of cold sore cream, i wear retainers in my mouth at night time so i can drool with them pretty i know but could this be the cause? :o( :o(
alex2012 Posts: 352
Hi gingerpower, are they cold sores or do they look like this?:
McLisa Posts: 1815
Lysine is just a supplement you buy in any chemist, I normally get mine in holland and barrett or else Medicare. I sometimes get cold sores in sun so would usually take the or awhile before I go on holidays
[quote="alex2012":21kkm2xl]Hi gingerpower, are they cold sores or do they look like this?: [/quote:21kkm2xl] They look a bit like that just a bit more crusty and very sore :o( they went like a blister when i put on the cold sore cream on it, seemed to heal, but then back sore again today
alex2012 Posts: 352
Ive had a problem with these for a while and mine were red too and hurt if wanted to open my mouth. The doctor told me to take vitamin b complex supplements and they were gone in 5days but anytime I went off b complex they would come back so the doctor said that I must have vitamin b deficiency and told me to keep taking them so I did for 2 months and they never came back since about year now. If it is that then them supplements will help cause no matter what creams I was putting on mine didnt work. Hope that helps :)
[quote="alex2012":173jmazg]Ive had a problem with these for a while and mine were red too and hurt if wanted to open my mouth. The doctor told me to take vitamin b complex supplements and they were gone in 5days but anytime I went off b complex they would come back so the doctor said that I must have vitamin b deficiency and told me to keep taking them so I did for 2 months and they never came back since about year now. If it is that then them supplements will help cause no matter what creams I was putting on mine didnt work. Hope that helps :)[/quote:173jmazg] i am low on vitatmin b12, i had shots for it before, im gonna look for vitamin b complex supplements tomorrow, can u just get it on its own or do u take the multivatmin? Thanks