Some research pls

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bridalnowmam Posts: 2202
Hey girls, just hoping you can answer something for me , helping a friend out on this one Would u hire someone to shop for your impending arrival, to help you understand the technologies behind a new pram or to assist you in choosing the correct furniture, advising you on temps for the room, learning about grobags, bottles etc, basically all the things you didnt know before you had a baby
EatLoveSleep Posts: 285
That's what the internet is for!
theoracle Posts: 7664
You mean like a doula? If your friend is researching a business idea, then yes, there is a market for doulas (what you describe is a mixture of ante- and post-natal doula) and there are several organisations under which doulas receive their training.
bridalnowmam Posts: 2202
Isnt a doula for birth and post birth care of the baby and mother, i think the side she is taking is the pre birth getting ready stage, equipment , room, nursery, showing how bottles are made etc
theoracle Posts: 7664
That is what they are most 'famous' for, but yes, there are ante-natal doulas also, albeit I think most of them concentrate on labour and post-partum (they help out in the house, do shopping, cleaning and help with showing the bottles or bf-ing etc). I don't think it is a bad idea at all, just be aware of what is already out there.
flowerb Posts: 126
As the OP said thats what the internet is for and of course our mammies and friends :hyper: