somebody help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

martina o Posts: 3
any one any tips on where and when to start planning for wedding next nov...... mother driving me nuts with everything must be done now???????????help :eek
ooddles1 Posts: 273
my god get going now! i'm getting married next december and i've nearly everything essential done.have you picked venue that's the best place to start when you pick that you can visualise the day better and start making the decisions you need to. defo pick and book band /photographer asap or ya might end up settling for someone available instead of someone you want, talking to a supplier at the RDS on saturday and they were saying that winter weddings are really popular now so defo get going!
Milly2008 Posts: 537
There is a section on this website that you enter in your details of what you need and suppliers will get back to you. It's really good as it saves you having to ring around and they will only contact you if they are free on the date that you want. I would definitely get the venue and church booked asap especially if you have a date in mind.
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
chruch then hotel would be where id start...
Betsy May Posts: 2168
Your Mum is right - you need to get started. Unfortunately a lot of things get booked up really fast in Ireland and if you are after anything or anyone specific as a supplier you need to call them asap.
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
:wv I agree with the other post's, i think you should get a move on and start booking the big things, like Church, Venue, Photographer etc.. Best of look and enjoy it, it will fly in xxx
ohholymoley Posts: 2150
Definitely start straight away...church, venue next, then I would book band, photographer etc. After that everything else will fall into place. Book now so hopefully you will be able to get the venue, suppliers of your dreams...Good luck and enjoy!
nearlywed Posts: 254
Hey I think as long as you're getting married in an off peak time you'll be fine. we're getting married in march and having a really short engagement and everyone has been free for us. don't freak out or let anyone rush you! milly08 how do you do that for suppliers
sapphirebride Posts: 129
Hello hon, I'm getting married November 2008, And I've most of the major things done, I'd start with church,priest and hotel. After that I'd get on and book you photographer and video guy and entertainment. Then the fun stuff like dresses colours,flowers can be sorted. Don't forget about your paperwork either - pre marriage course, notification to the state and pre nuptuial enquiry. I hope this helps, once you get started it will only take a little while. good luck :wv [url=http://www.snugglepie.com:3mh5qjhe][img:3mh5qjhe]http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/497449.png[/img:3mh5qjhe][/url:3mh5qjhe]
bumble Posts: 1980
You've plenty of time IMO. I got engaged in Apr 07 and getting married Jan 08 and am really well organised at this stage. Don't panic! To get the date you want you should book your church & venue now. Then when you feel ready go looking at dresses...most need to be ordered 5 - 6 mths in advance of wedding date. But you're grand, you've tons of time! You mum is probably just really excited and dying to get involved in helping you! Enjoy!!