SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs JT Posts: 256
Hi All, Looking for some ideas from you all!!! We would love to have something different at our wedding..... I want to organise a comedian for during/after meal and also a childrens entertainer for when we get to our reception. I just want to see if anyone has any unusual ideas for the wedding day other than caricaturists, fireworks!! Just if any of you had completely different/unusual ideas it would be great... Thanking you all in advance!!! :wv
sweet cheeks Posts: 1119
I can't really help you, just am interested too i guess. Where having the normal trad wedding. I'm decorating the church creating a winter look, a lot of weddings we were at recently there was nothing in the church and i did notice it. I love the red carpet, tall candles, bay trees and lots of flowers. Decided to have reception music, Drinks and Canapes. We also are getting a caricature done for the walk way into the function room of the two of us, just something nice, funny and we will have forever too. So love to hear from others, but in saying that everyone wedding is different and special to them. :wv
Dillon Posts: 68
Hi :wv i am havinf a candy bar in the reception room and i am also having this lady come and people go over and get a photo and she puts the photo into a keyring for you which i taught was a little different.
rosebelle Posts: 346
Hi Dillon, Would love to know some more details on the Candy Bar?? Are you buying everything yourself, how will it be set up etc.... Sounds like a really deadly idea...
rosebelle Posts: 346
Hi Dillon, Would love to know some more details on the Candy Bar?? Are you buying everything yourself, how will it be set up etc.... Sounds like a really deadly idea...
2crazy Posts: 1478
would love details on candy bar also, I saw on some website you can hire candyfloss and popcorn machines,cant for the life of me remember where tho O:|
Hi I am putting it in the corner in the reception room which will have a table covered with a cloth and I went to ikea and bought lots of jars and and lots of sweets and I am going to set us the table nicely and I have a little candy floss machine myself so I am going to use that after the wedding I will post some photos of it girls anything else let me know i hope it turns out the way i have it pictured
Hi I am putting it in the corner in the reception room which will have a table covered with a cloth and I went to ikea and bought lots of jars and and lots of sweets and I am going to set us the table nicely and I have a little candy floss machine myself so I am going to use that after the wedding I will post some photos of it girls anything else let me know i hope it turns out the way i have it pictured
Trillian Posts: 1685
Dillon that's a good plan. I got a quote for the sweeties as I thought it looked the business, but it was far too expensive for me. Here's the link if anyone wants to take a look:
Thanks I thought it was a good idea too and it will keep the little kids (& me) entertained hehe