Something for cousin going to Australia

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SusanB Posts: 33
bangel Posts: 2285
I really like those little cards that you can put in your wallet that are like little atm cards. They have things like "best friend" ets on them. I got my friend a mobile phone charm so she's be reminded of home.
clarebear Posts: 132
Something useful would be a sort of first aid kit with practical stuff like plasters, insect repellant etc but then add a few extras like hangover remedy, a nice make up compact, condoms etc.
bucketofchips Posts: 1913
Why don't you get her a voucher for a surf shop here so she can buy a bikini etc when she gets here. Don't get one at home - there's millions of them here. I'll post you up some more links tomorrow - am off to bed - can't keep eyes open!
bangel Posts: 2285
[quote="clarebear":2tnr131q]Something useful would be a sort of first aid kit with practical stuff like plasters, insect repellant etc but then add a few extras like hangover remedy, a nice make up compact, condoms etc.[/quote:2tnr131q] Excellent ideas. Boots do great miniatures. Can be a tough time of the year to get things like sun cream, etc in small bottles.
ros09 Posts: 1923
i got my friend a little address book that had a friend messge on the front and put all our email add and phone no in it for her to keep in touch!
bamboo Posts: 278
Had the same dilemma myself last week! Got my cousin a little towel that is ultra absorbant and dries really quickly from an outdoor adventure store, a little billabong bag with long straps to put over her shoulder for safety when sightseeeing and a neck pillow-one of those that you can blow up and wrap arond your neck for the long bus/train/plane journeys!! She was delighted!!! Good luck!!
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
Australian Dollars $$$$$