Menu

Somewhere nice on the east coast?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hikaa Posts: 29
Hi everyone, I wonder if someone can help me. I am looking for some where nice to stay on the east coast of Ireland when we return home from honeymoon. Dont mind about price, some where nice and romantic to finish off our honeymoon. Any ideas?
Love Street Posts: 359
what about the seafield hotel in ballymoney-5 mins outside gorey. its where im having my reception and its out of this world :eek the spa is one of the best in ireland believe me if u saw it ud never leave :o0 the website is www.seafieldhotel.com
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Marlfield House. Dunbrody almost counts as East Coast as well.
CoraCora Posts: 170
Kelly in Rosslare?
Betsy May Posts: 2168
I second Kelly's in Rosslare - walks on the beach, the spa, great food (rather too much great food) and lovely wine adds up to a very relaxing, indulgent stay. I love it to bits. Monart, also in county Wexford, is supposed to have a very good spa but haven't been there personally. Don't know if they have much activity beyond that so may not be H2Bs cup of tea.
stellam Posts: 131
if you want somewhere really nice, try the lyrath (five star) in kilkenny, if you go midweek they probably have good deals. we went when it first opened and stayed in a standard room and for a standard room it was still fancy and big! the breakfast is great, afternoon tea, room service! ahhhh!
CoraCora Posts: 170
I didn't say Monart earlier because I though you specifically wanted somewhere on the coast. We have been to Monart a few times and will be going before our wedding again, it is absolute bliss-and NO children allowed, no functions etc..pm me if you want to know anything