song for leaving the church

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tazmania Posts: 94
hey girls, just looking for some ideas for song leaving the church. we have a girl on organ, guitar and 1 singer. want something a bit lively but maybe some kind of a hymn? im not really sure what i want! any suggestions greatly appreciated!!
DaisyB Posts: 1708
our singer gave us a list of suggestions and as im not very imaginative myself :) i think were going to go with one of here its by joss stone ''love'' listened to it and though it was lovely.. what about oh happy day?
luckyladee Posts: 2550
You should have a listen to some of the John Rutter stuff - I'll be using a lot of it throughout my ceremony. Some of the ones that might suit the end are : For the beauty of the Earth The Lord bless you and Keep you Gaelic Blessing Another lovely hymn for the end of a ceremony is Bless this House. Lots of versions on youtube. Hope this helps!!
starbar10 Posts: 991
we have a gospel choir and having Joyful Joyful as our song leaving the church! So upbeat hoepfully will get everyonein the mood O:o)
gottabfp Posts: 5641
i had michael bouble everything. girls slowed it down a bit whilst singing it but it was still upbeat
banrmama Posts: 111
h2b a huge liverpool fan and asked me the other day could we have "you'll never walk alone". i said no way at first but having talked to my church singers they said they have done it in church before so gonna have them sing it as surprise for him!! its the one thing he has asked for and im happy that he will b happy!!
candypants Posts: 8575
Were having Michael Buble - Everything. But "we've only just begun" is a good one.
Ceersie Posts: 307
ladies quick question for those of you having Michael Buble Everyhing.. is your church singer singing it or are you playing micheal buble?? I love this song and the singer i have booked is amazing but im not sure if she would do it or how she would sound doing it... for anyone that is having or has had it .. did you slow the song down slightly??
gottabfp Posts: 5641
my church singer sang it, she slowed it dow na bit.it was amazing. im raging its not on my dvd. dvd man put music over it O:| O:|