Soon to be sis in law said no to being a bridesmaid

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fkntcwedding Posts: 3
I am so [email protected]#. My fiances sister in a b-itch. I have been trying to ask her to be a bridesmaid for a least a month with no return call and excuse after excuse. So finally I ask her in txt mess. Still nothing for another week.. I resent the txt.. finally she replied with a no... Stating she is very honored but doesn't have the money..... She tells me this in a txt Ok I understand but what does she think I am asking. I already made it clear I had a matron of honor. That the party planing was on her all she had to do was buy the dress and ship for the bachlorette party . Which she would have to do anyway...... Do I have the right to be pissed... My fiance told her he would buy the dress and I told her I'm sure every one would help with every thing else.. Oh did I tell you this is all let on her voice mail she wouldn't even pick up the phone... O:| O:| >:o( >:o( >:o(
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
[quote="fkntcwedding":1bdubhsu]I am so [email protected]#. My fiances sister in a b-itch. I have been trying to ask her to be a bridesmaid for a least a month with no return call and excuse after excuse. So finally I ask her in txt mess. Still nothing for another week.. I resent the txt.. finally she replied with a no... Stating she is very honored but doesn't have the money..... She tells me this in a txt Ok I understand but what does she think I am asking. I already made it clear I had a matron of honor. That the party planing was on her all she had to do was buy the dress and ship for the bachlorette party . Which she would have to do anyway...... Do I have the right to be pissed... My fiance told her he would buy the dress and I told her I'm sure every one would help with every thing else.. Oh did I tell you this is all let on her voice mail she wouldn't even pick up the phone... O:| O:| >:o( >:o( >:o([/quote:1bdubhsu] You should have taken the hints.
milis Posts: 7998
I'm a bit confused here. Are you getting married abroad or something? Would she not be at the wedding anyway? Why would you not be buying the bridesmaid dress for her? Being bm should work out cheaper for her, not more expensive. Sounds like a very strange situation.
fkntcwedding Posts: 3
I am completely confussed myself, No we aren't getting married abroad and yes we will buy her the dress. She is 333 and I don't think she knows what a tradtional wedding is about.... But she won't even talk to me to find out what she would be expected to do......
Lizzy1 Posts: 4128
If she's ignoring your messages now then you're better off finding another bridesmaid, what will it be like nearer the wedding if you can't contact her. Believe me ask someone else :wv :wv :wv
cfc Posts: 166
So she's a bitch, you're better of out of it and not having her there mooching around on the day. See this as what it is, a close call.
io Posts: 136
I agree with LGFAK. It seems she doesn't want to be your bridesmaid. Sorry to be so blunt about it. Get someone else, you'll both be happier.
she Posts: 3298
ye i would have to agree as well, she doesnt want to be bridesmaid. Some people just dont like doing it and in all honesty theres no point in forsing her in to it. Get one of your friends to do it. One thing i will say is that she could have just answered you phone calls and told you out straight, very childish behaviour....
Grunge Bride Posts: 2529
Put it out of your mind. BMs are meant to help and support you. If she's being like that she'd be a liability not an asset. Are you in America where she'd have to pay for her own dress, hair, makeup etc?
Miah Posts: 2738
[quote="fkntcwedding":ml6jnfct]I am completely confussed myself, No we aren't getting married abroad and yes we will buy her the dress. [b:ml6jnfct]She is 333[/b:ml6jnfct] and I don't think she knows what a tradtional wedding is about.... But she won't even talk to me to find out what she would be expected to do......[/quote:ml6jnfct] Maybe she feels shes a bit too old to do it. Ah sorry, I couldn't resist. Thing is, if you guys are buying her dress then I can't see why she can't afford it - what a weird excuse to make! Is there anything underlying there between the two of you? Have you ever fallen out? Seems to me that not being able to afford it is not her real reason.