SOoooo Disappointed

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jk09 Posts: 44
Hi, Sorry have to have a moan. So many people have replied that they cannot come to the wedding, and people are now pulling out of the rooms in the hotel we have booked for them. Getting married in a month today and I wish we had done it all differently, just feel like I am going to burst out crying. Sorry end of moan. JK
Momof2 Posts: 3884
thats totally understandable all I can say to you as a bride who had a lot of nos ( we are from opposite ends of the country) on the day you don't notice I dreaded would the place look empty all the usuals but you don't, you see the people who are there to share and enjoy your day, you see your hubby waiting for you at the top of the aisle and there could be nobody in the pews and it wouldn't matter. I remember ringing my mum in blind panic everyday seeing how the RSVPs were going but honestly try not to stress the day will be fine
Thanks I know it will be fine, just very disappointing, so many of my friends are not coing, and it is only my side of things causing hassle with Rooms, need to find two new people for the rooms now, or we will be left with the cost. Thank you for the good words hopefully I will get home from work and there will be a few yes replies.
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
oh no! why they pulling out of wedding? i know recession etc but surely they could come and drive but share in your day! driving would mean they dont have to spend money on drink or hotel room etc. look sure try not to let it ruin the day, im not gonna say those that want to be there, will be coz some things are beyond ppls control. what i will say is ppl that CAN be there, will be there. and the other ppl will definately be thinking of you on the day! i dont think ppl refuse a wedding invite lightly and must have put alot of thought into it and still feel its beyond them at this point. Although you see ppl's exterior, you never know whats going on behind closed doors and i know ppl are really struggling. some will be just as disappointed as you are that they cant make it. i know you wanna share with lots ppl but once h2b is there, your sorted! chin up hun, and enjoy run up to your big day!! O-O
kookiegal Posts: 1150
Ah, don't let it spoil the run up to your wedding. Every wedding gets a lot of refusals for various reasons, you won't even notice them not there on the day as the people who matter will be there for you both. It's your and your h2b's day and I am 100% confident that you will look back on this post and wonder why you were letting yourself get so upset. Focus on the positives and enjoy this time of your life. xxxx
Thanks everyone for your good thoughts. We have nearly 20 people less then our minium numbers so it is a bit disheartening, as it is expensive. But not going to let that get me down any longer. Meeting the Hotel tomorrow, so looking forward to that, keeping final menu etc, I can't believe it is only a month away it only feels like yesterday that we got engaged. Even better only 3 weeks left in work yipe and then off for a month.
kookiegal Posts: 1150
Woo Hoo :o)ll You will have a BLAST and chin up :thnk
Starbar2010 Posts: 1261
[quote="jk09":3pgvcmpa]Thanks everyone for your good thoughts. We have nearly 20 people less then our minium numbers so it is a bit disheartening, as it is expensive. But not going to let that get me down any longer. Meeting the Hotel tomorrow, so looking forward to that, keeping final menu etc, I can't believe it is only a month away it only feels like yesterday that we got engaged. Even better only 3 weeks left in work yipe and then off for a month.[/quote:3pgvcmpa] If you are below your minimum numbers could you perhaps ask some of your evening invites (if you have any) to come along for the whole day. Mention that maybe you were very tight with all days invites and that a number of people can't come and you would be honoured if they could come to the day Its just a shame to have to pay for people who arent there. I know some people may give out saying that they were an after thought but I would be honoured to go to someones wedding and to share this special moment with them.
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
[quote="jk09":1p2oy91j]Thanks I know it will be fine, just very disappointing, so many of my friends are not coing, and it is only my side of things causing hassle with Rooms, need to find two new people for the rooms now, or we will be left with the cost. Thank you for the good words hopefully I will get home from work and there will be a few yes replies.[/quote:1p2oy91j] thats a balls alright. we have 9 weeks to go & know already that about 20 people cant go for different reasons. its upsetting to be honest but not hing we can do about it. i have learned to accept it. the bit about pulling out of the hotel is a nuisance alright.
workingmom Posts: 3429
Don't worry, we had to pay for 120 when we got married, and we had, including children, 96 guests, and you know what, we had the best time ever, everyone had so much room to dance and sit, the service was so much better, and everyone got seconds. So, relax, it won't matter, and make sure that the extra food for those minimum numbers is dished out to those who do attend, after all, you are paying for it.