Soooooo nervous!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

redfox Posts: 3
Hey girls! It's only a week to my wedding!!! I am so so nervous about walking down the isle, any advice on how to calm my nerves?!
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
:o)ll :o)ll congratulations! Only 3 weeks to mine - so don't have any advise, just wanted to congratulate you, its so exciting!
New Mrs Posts: 660
My wedding is 6 months away and im dreading the church ceremony already!!! Good luck!
Synergy Posts: 2768
I am going to try rescue remedy for my wedding, I'm afraid I'll be bawling with all the emotion!
the bees knees Posts: 755
I swear by the Rescue remedy... you can get it in drops that you put on you tongue or in pastille ( little sweets.. I use them all the time for when I know im going to be anxious.. ( flights/ when i have to speak/sing in public) ... But the important thing to remember is , its your special day... As you walk down the aisle , the congregation will be looking at you and only you, for all the right reasons.. They are there to celebrate you and H2b big day and to see what a beautiful bride you are...So try ( as hard and all as it might be) to relax and enjoy the run up to your day... Congratulations in advance and the best of Luck :heartbeat:
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Hello! Congratulations! I don't know what I'll be like with a week to go!! I'm getting married in 46 days and already I'm having a leeetle bit of a nervous breakdown about walking down the aisle and also the fear of crying the whole day long! What I plan to do is three-fold: First off - rescue remedy. I've used it before and I'll be very honest and say I don't think it did that much, I didn't feel that much of an effect, BUT there IS a placebo effect. Just the very knowledge that you've used a spray of this stuff, might make you feel a little calmer, even if the product itself is a bit of a swizz. Secondly - project yourself further along in the day. By this I mean, in your mind, just before you walk down the aisle, imagine yourself later in the day, in the car say with your new husband. At that point the ceremony will be over and you'll be on such a high. All the worry about walking down the aisle and crying will be over. SO project yourself mentally to that point and it might help you calm down a little. Thirdly - use your fingernails. Dig your fingernails, very hard into the palm of your hand. Really really dig them in. It hurts like Bejaysus and is very sharp, it might distract you from the tears. I use this method a lot, particularly if I feel I'm going to cry in public (feeling hormonal, the Tesco self-service till not working properly, the wagon behind you tutting cos you're taking so long, you know yourself. A quick dig of the old fingernails and a deep breath and I don't disgrace myself!) HTH! Good luck!
yippeeme Posts: 2139
Oh my god a week to go, i'm nervous for you!! :eek My friend just told me i've only 19 weeks, and i had a freak out. She's getting married the week after me and is counting down the weeks, but i hadn't thought of it in weeks at all, scary stuff! This is prob useless but i always find camimile(sp) tea is lovely to help me relax, although with a week to go maybe it's something stronger you need for nerves! ;o) Enjoy the excitement and have a great day! :wv
fuzzy123 Posts: 473
I would be more worried about not sleeping the night before. My sis got married a year ago and she was saying she regretted not getting some valium or sleeping tablet off the doc.My sis was saying she didn't sleep the whole night before and it was drinving her mad. She was saying her friend took half a valium the night before her wedding and it worked great to send her off to sleep. Anybody thinking of doing this???
yippeeme Posts: 2139
I'd love to do that and keep the other half for long haul HM flight! How diya get them though, can you just ask doc for them?
fuzzy123 Posts: 473
i'd say so if you just explain its for your wedding I'm sure the doc would give you a few, I'd try them a few weeks before though just so you know you dont have a reaction to them