sore inbetween ribs? 1st trimester

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bree Posts: 1880
i could understand being sore in final trimester but whats causing this now?? i cant laugh/sneeze without being in agony. any ideas?
theoracle Posts: 7664
It is quite likely not related to pregnancy.... It may be inflammation of the tissue...I'd say check it out with your GP.
sapphire09 Posts: 393
I had this for quite a while at the start, it got to the stage where I had to hold my ribcage when I laughed, sneezed or coughed or else I'd get this shooting pain. When I was about 5 months pregnant I got fitted for non-underwired maternity bras and the pain just went! I think I was maybe constricting the tissue or something by wearing my normal underwired (and too small!) bras cos I haven't had the pain since. Not saying that this is the answer to your problem but it might at least help rule something out....
shellrex Posts: 571
I have that pain too O:| Just on my right side. Have it since about 10 weeks. Said it to consultant. As my uterus not up that high yet he said it's not very likely to be pregnancy related and I could apply hot water bottle to it to try ease discomfort-but that isn't working O:| :o0
Thumbelina Posts: 2340
Could be pleurosy maybe?? Worth a trip to your doc.