Sore Throat What Can I Take

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

volvic35 Posts: 1118
Morning Ladies, Well I woke up today with a terrible sore throat, I can feel it all blocked up. Its one of them sore throats were you've to keep drinking, its hurting me that much. Any ideas what I could take??? Thanks for your help
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Volvic, I had exactly this last week. It was horrible. I had to keep wetting my throat as well or I would feel like it was going to close up & when I swallowed it felt like I was swallowing razor blades. I cleared it myself without going to the doctor. Every morning I had 2 spoons of honey. Every night I had a pint of cooled boiled water mixed with honey & freshly squeezed lemon. Also went to the chemist & they gave me Paracetamol for the pain & the orange strepsils (apparently these are the only ones pg women can take.) Hope it eases for you soon :wv
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
honey, my sis recommends drinking some cooled boiled water with honey in it, as mentioned above, meant to do the trick hope u feel better soon :xxx
volvic35 Posts: 1118
Thanks for the tips ladies, Honey and lemon here I come. I hope it helps. :thnk :thnk :thnk
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
I was going to recommend strepsils. There are quite a few types that ok - just check the back of the box as the ones that don't mention pregnancy are fine