Sorry - TMI - Bleeding after BM

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

05/09 Bride Posts: 397
Hi girls, sorry in advance. I'm 15weeks. Had some bright red vaginal bleeding after a bowel movement. Has this happened anyone else? It was only when I wiped. Went back into the toilet 10 mins after and no bleeding.
Idina Posts: 1289
Hi, Are you sure it was vaginal? You could have piles this would explain bleeding after bowel movemnet and this blood is bright red
Hi Idina. Ya it was definitely vaginal. Am a bit worried to rang GP. I'm waiting for him to ring back. It's prob nothing but I'll just be stressing.
snowbear Posts: 2107
Hi there. i had this consistantly from 13 weeks to around 27. Bright red blood after bm which then faded to brown and disappeared over a number of hours. Frightened the bejesus out of me the first time and I legged it into the ER (I had had a previous miscarriage so was scared anyway). Anyway they did a scan and all was well but advised rest etc. I went back to the ER the second time too but by the middle of the pregnancy it was happening all the time so I didn't always go to hospital, I kinda knew myself things were okay. I got a bigger bleed at around 25 weeks and was kept in overnight but it went as soon as it began. It all stopped around 27 weeks and never reappeared and babs is fine. I never got a proper explanation, other than perhaps 'cervical erosion' which is where a small blood vessel at the neck of my cervix was bleeding when put under pressure. I guess that's what it was. But what I will say is that all bleeding in pregnancy has to be checked out so if your GP can't help I'd say check with the hospital, give them a ring. Hopefully it's nothing... a few other women on here had it too when I posted about it and it was fine.
Thanks a mill MirandaH.