Sorry tmi (smell) question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi sorry about this now, im not sure whether to post it or not. Lately i noticed a smell coming from down there :-8 Now i know i dont have thrush, i have no funny discharge, itching,redness, etc. Its not what you would call a "foul" odur it smells kind of sickly sweet. I shower once/twice a day, change underwear 2/3 times, i sometimes wear liners but i find they make me sweat and i think make the smell stronger. Im so paranoid, DH said he cant smell it normally, but did once or twice when i was in bed in the morning and he put his head on my belly to listen to the baby. I dont know what it is and im mortified in case others can smell it too, thought DH assures me you cant and he has a very strong sense of smell. Sorry again im just worrying about it. :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8
newyearbabs Posts: 686
Hi NLTG I think mammy bean has similar post. I have the same as you I got it checked out and it was fine. Your right about pads I was told by hospital not the wear them as they make you sweat, they just told me to keep area clean (how many showers can you have :o0 ) they tested for infection and leaking of fluid of all which came back clear. They also suggested giving the area a bit of a trim!
breeze Posts: 1175
It could be that we sweat more, this happens to me sometimes too. :eek :ooh :ooh
jellybaby Posts: 2316
I think this is just one of those pregnancy things. I remember having this too and asking DH every day if he could smell me (paranoid that others could smell it too) :o0 If you had thrush, you'd know about it anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much. HTH
Lady Di Posts: 2487
Thank you for posting about this NLTG as I just didn't know how to put it!! I've had this now since about 28/30 weeks, I had a swab done about two weeks ago and haven't had any results yet. I'm paranoid to even wear the same trousers two days in a row!! I'm waxed as well so there's no hair to cause any smell :-8 I keep saying that its just cos I can smell like a blood hound :o0 Its terrible though isn't its, I'm totally paranoid about it!!
Thanks girls, i didnt know whether to post about it or not. newyearbabs, i actually went mad with the Veet and trimmer on Wed as DH had also said it might help it. Lady Di, i know what you mean about the trousers :-8 i have my work trousers and i wash them after every wear. I need new ones cos the 2 i have are nearly threadbare from all the washing and i only have them about 6 weeks. I find putting some talc down there helps a bit especially with the sweating. Thanks again girls you are great. :thnk
brideeee Posts: 1490
I've been having this too- very common during pregnancy- I can't stand wearing liners either- make my bits very stuffy Just keep stuff clean I think our keen sense of smell doesn't help either, xx b
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Ok this is weird but I smelled of Danish butterbiscuits down there the whole time I was pregnant! It was quite strong and my pee smelled the same!!! I was sure the little fella would smell the same when he arrived but he didn't so I don't know what it was at all. Once it doesn't smell bad I wouldn't be worried but I would definitely tell the doctor at your next appointment.
[quote="Sphynx":352mbp2m]Ok this is weird but I smelled of Danish butterbiscuits down there the whole time I was pregnant! It was quite strong and my pee smelled the same!!! I was sure the little fella would smell the same when he arrived but he didn't so I don't know what it was at all. Once it doesn't smell bad I wouldn't be worried but I would definitely tell the doctor at your next appointment.[/quote:352mbp2m] Sphynx i wonder if you on to something here. I was using my Palmers Cocoa butter the other day (i use it once or twice a day all over) and i think that might be what the smell is??? I wonder if im using so much of it, it is seeping down there and causing the smell.