Sorted!! Cake Supplier in Galway Needed ASAP

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FoundHome Posts: 1753
Need some help please...... I was making a wedding cake for a friend of a friend for Galway on this Saturday (3 Sept) but I slipped a disc in my back yesterday so between the pain and the drugs I'm in no state to do it. I'm feeling so guilty especially because the bride is based in the US and doesn't know Galway or suppliers very well. Is anyone available to make this or can recommend a supplier who may be able to accomodate? As you can imagine she's panicking and I want to try to rectify this situation. She's looking for a three tier - 6,9, 12 inches. The 6 and 9 inch are sponge and the 12 inch chocolate biscuit with a very simple icing detail. Thanks
MissBid Posts: 587
O'Connors might be a good idea - they'd be pricey I would say - are you after something cheap and DIY-ish?
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Maybe try these? Niall is very nice, and helpful. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Simply-Di ... ts&sk=wall
I was thinking Goyas and O'Connors too but they're pricey and unsure if they'll do it at such short notice. God I feel so guilty.... :o(
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Try simply divine theres no harm in asking!
Thanks - I've emailed Niall now and I'll give him a buzz in the morning thanks again!!
Bridester Posts: 920
Heya, this is a small place in Galway Cakes by Mary, 090 96 79750. I dont know her stuff but she does weddings and may be available at short notice as its only a small place (this is why i suggest her without knowing her stuff) - HTH!
demonwife Posts: 225
FoundHome, I sent you a PM!!!
flor Posts: 1621
if you don't get any joy with the previous suggestions, we are ordering from www.couturecakesgalway.com, they're based in oranmore. their cakes are absolutely delicious! pricing is also available on their site!
ONE Wedding Centre Posts: 31
[quote="flor":9mph9mth]if you don't get any joy with the previous suggestions, we are ordering from http://www.couturecakesgalway.com, they're based in oranmore. their cakes are absolutely delicious! pricing is also available on their site![/quote:9mph9mth] Ann in Couture Cakes is so helpful!!! Hope you manage to get it sorted....