Spanish veils- Lace dress

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

diamondsareforever Posts: 29
Hi Girls I have a lace dress and I think a Spanish veil might be nice. Has anyone bought one If so where from and would you mind telling me how much it cost? Thanks a lot... :wv
al4 Posts: 161
I haven't bought one but San Patrick do them to go with specific dresses and they are hundreds of euro, in the region of €800 I think. I found this site when I was looking at veils, its more reasonable
€800 for a veil! O my God...thats crazy. Do any of you wollies have a lace style dress and if so what kind of veil have you bought?
marriedLife Posts: 1881
San Patrick ones are lovely but shop around, I was quoted €600 in one place and €300 in another. But I can understand the price because the one I got is the full length of my dress (including trail) with lace detail all along the edge.
CookieMonster Posts: 65
Hi diamondsareforever, i got a San Patrick dress, full lace with crystals etc - i got the lace veil to match it from San Patrick. It's cathedral lenght with lace trim all around and swavorovski cyrstals sown on to it in various places with some lace detail (god i hope i am describing it correct). I have to say, it is absolutely fabulous and really sets the dress off. It cost me €350 from protocal in Drogheda. IMO it just finishes off the gown IYKWIM.
O my God your veil sounds fab! Can you tell me if you had to wait long on the veil?
How long is cathedral length? Sorry just wondering out of interest if mine is cathedral length :-8
Thanks, i have to say i just love the veil. I ordered it with my dress in February and it came into the shop at the end of June. I would say if you were only ordering a veil you would have it quicker. You could also check this out with RK Bridal in New York. I know a lot of B2Bs bought their San Patrick dresses and that from here for half the price in Ireland. You should go to Protocal or maybe Alexander Bridal in Dublin City to try it on first though and see what you think and then ring RK to see do they do it. :wv :wv
Hi Qwerty1505, Cathedral lenght is right to the floor and then extends on past your train (well depending on how long your train is). It's a fab lenght for the fishtail dresses and lace dresses.
Well then mine is cathedral length O:o) Here is a link to the old San Patrick website - it has a link in the left hand column to a collection of the 2007 style veils - so it might give you an idea: [url:3rfrjmio]http://www.sanpatrick.com/entrada_index.asp?idioma=2[/url:3rfrjmio] One thing to mention is the lady from where I bought my dress from said they where phasing out a large number of their veils - don't know how true this is but maybe enquire - if it's true then make sure you order your's soon if you decide to go with a SP one.