spanx or trinny+susannah control underwear?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Xxcitedwife Posts: 835
Anyone use the Spanx super higher power shapewear? http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 0420786_-1 or the Trinny and Susannah bum, tum and thigh shapewear shorts? http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stor ... reId=10052 My dress(a sample) is tight at my csection line/horrible pouch area! Im worried i will have to have the dress taken out and would love to be able to bring the dress in to try them on but as thats not possible, wondering if anyone has used either????
peacockgirl Posts: 1312
I bought a pair of spanx to go under my wedding dress and when I tried them in the lingerie shop I thought they were great... they took at least an inch off my waist (which can only be a good thing right?). But then I wore them to one of my dress fittings and quickly realised that they have a seam down the centre (kinda like tights) that could be seen through my dress! So I had to head to Brown Thomas on Saturday to try to find a pair that had a smooth panel on the tummy part... ended up getting an amazing pair but they were [b:37t4149a]not[/b:37t4149a] cheap at all at €88!!! So annoyed now that I didn't see those Trinny and Susannah one's as they look like they have no seam and don't cost as much as I've just spent! So basically, Spanx are great for control bu if your dress is sheer or tight in any way round the tummy area the seam on a pair of Spanx could show through... but if your dress is stiff material or rooshed (sp??) at all then you prob wouldn't see it. good luck :wv
thanks peacockgirl, god your big day is soooo close! :o)ll Anyone have anymore words of wisdom??
Lucky Mrs Posts: 1167
Oh I'm interested in peoples opinions on these too as I need one big time but don't want to spend a fortune either
satc09 Posts: 178
I have both and I would definately go with Spanx, they are far more comfortable and I think they give a better result
thanks a mil SATC09 :thnk :wv
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
I have both types, and would definitely recommend the Spanx over the Trinny & Susannah one's....there's no comparison in my opinion, Spanx suck you in so so so much beter than the T&S ones.
Tragen Posts: 370
The spanx are great, surprisingly comfortable considering! I thought I heard they had brought out a seamless version.... not sure though!
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
I have the super spanx ones and the are just that!! I've tried bridget jones' from Dunnes and Pennys and they are crap - the ones from Marks aren't too bad but the Spanx are deffo the best HTH
islandlil Posts: 1059
re the spanx, is it difficult to wiggle them off to go to the loo? or can you get those ones with buttons on the, ahem, crotch area? also how high up are yeer ones? my weight would be around the tummy and midriff and always get bulges around the top or they roll down down IYKWIM O:o)