SPARE A THOUGHT

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kelsar Posts: 690
Sitting at home here in Kildare and it is absolutely bucketing down with rain. Please spare a thought for any poor bride who is getting married today. God love her.
pretty polly Posts: 198
I am sitting here in kildare too and just looked out the window and thought, cause they are more then likely heading off to the church now. But sure what can you do, it will still be the best day of their lives.
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
It was pretty much like this when I got married and honestly after the initial disappointment that we couldn't have our outdoor photos - it didn't make a bit of difference!! We still enjoyed the day as much as we would have if the sun had been splitting the sky. they'll all have a fab day today regardless I'm sure. Just hope they have brollies!!
I know it be the best day of their lives but they still have to get in and out of cars. Think you are better off getting married in the winter in Ireland stand a better chance of a fine day.
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
I think the Child of Prague has gone on her holidays for August :o0
Ficidy Posts: 1753
[quote="Mrs..D":bnqn6elu]I think the Child of Prague has gone on her holidays for August :o0[/quote:bnqn6elu] :o0 Seriously though - it's a disaster! Was only saying to H2B earlier about the poor couples who are getting married today - god love 'em! Ah well, I'm sure they'll still have a great day and will make the most of it. Ireland is a joke though - what the hell has happened to our summers??
charliesangel Posts: 2106
im going to the afters of one in clain today i dont want to leave the house its so bad out side
Was just down the town and there is a wedding in the church in celbridge, it looks like a river running down the main st.
emlo Posts: 1506
[quote="kelsar":haufqkdt]Think you are better off getting married in the winter in Ireland stand a better chance of a fine day.[/quote:haufqkdt] You're dead right kelsar. The image of summer wedding in Ireland has completely changed in the past couple of years. Or at least make sure you have a fab hotel for the reception so you can always get nice photos indoors.
Italy07 Posts: 5409
We were returning from visiting down the country today and came across 2 different wedding parties in different places. Not the best day but then when they booked them god only knows how long ago you would think ah well the middle of August you should be pretty lucky with the weather! I am sure they are having a ball now anyway!