Sparkling Water - Is too much bad for you?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Tigletts Posts: 2904
Hiya, I try to drink lots of water everyday, however I only drink sparkling. I find it much easier to drink than still water. Is too much of the stuff bad or not though? Thanks :-)
MrsMe Posts: 138
Hi there, I used to drink alot of sparkling water (great for that full up feeling), but then someone told me that sparkling water, like any carbonated drink will carry away calcium. This person was quite a healthy, intelligent person, I bowed to their superior knowledge and made a mental note to switch to the still. I still have it when I go out and I'm not drinking as it's a bit less insipid but during the day I drink still.
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
Love it myself, but as far as I know the carbonated drinks aren't good for ya, diet or not
charli Posts: 5994
[quote:2lv4pwhz]but as far as I know the carbonated drinks aren't good for ya, diet or not[/quote:2lv4pwhz] that's what i always believed, anyway i find the still is easier to swamp back and get the recommended 2L into you, sparkling i can only ever sip
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Thanks girls. I find it easier to drink carbonated water, but I think I'll try and cut back and force myself on the still a bit more.
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
Same Tigletts but am finding it hard and H2B also loves the fizzy one so hes always buying it for me too, still must resist temptation.