SPATONE

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bridalnowmam Posts: 2202
I am taking this and finding it awful Have tried putting into every juice under the sun and I am still getting sick everyday and i am scared this is coming up aswell Anyone diluting this with anything else other than juice? I may have to try galfer if nothing else works and I have heard really bad stories about this Need your help girlies :wv
Chococat Posts: 1632
Would you not try drinking it on its own, or If juice brings it back up try water. I would steer clear of Galfer, the constipation it brings is unbearable. I used Galfer on DS & I was killed with the constipation, and all the cramps that it brings with it. Because I was constipated through the pregnancy I had an [i:2eq7m73e]accident[/i:2eq7m73e] in the labor room. Not very nice!! I pity the nurses having to clean it up. I used Spatone on DD & I had no problems at all, It really is magic stuff. No nasty suprises in the labor room because spatone doesn't stop your body emptying itself before labor like you should. If you have no luck with spatone, try any alternative but I strongly advise you steer clear of galfer.
tinyfairy Posts: 1536
Hey Bridal, I'm the opposite! I would recommend Galfar over Spatone. I tried spatone and it gave me awful migranes and constipation! I had heard awful awful stories about Galfar and when the hospital put me on it I nearly died. I have been taking it for 3 weeks now, 1 every second day. I take the tablet form with water and I've been drinking orange juice thoughout the day to avoid constipation. I'm working perfectly :-8 at the moment and would prefer to take Galfar than Spatone. Why don't you check out Galfar and see if it works any better for you.... One warning though, my first week taking it I was having very black poos :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 This is a sign of iron!!!!
Dootsay Posts: 958
I like both - I was taking spatone but my doc told me that it doesn't have enough iron so he changed me to galfer, as I was feeling v run down at the time, so I only take one every few days. Maybe give galfer a try if spatone is making you that sick, I used to take spatone in fruit juice, I could taste the metallic taste though too.
Thinkerbell Posts: 187
I couldn't take either, just made me really sick. Ended up taking nothing and just eating a healty diet
Babs Aug08 Posts: 828
I stir it in with cranberry & grapefruit juice. I cant taste it at all. Am starting to get a tiny bit constipated though... Am taking it almost 6 weeks.
Toots12 Posts: 894
I agree with the previous posters - am taking Galfer twice a day with lots of OJ and haven't had any problems with constipation... in fact, the OJ helps to keep things fairly regular (TMI!!!!)