Menu

speeches

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

podgeandrodge Posts: 886
i was talking to people about speeches at weddings in work today. when do ye think is the best time to have the speeches b4 or after dinner my h2b wants to have them between the first course and the main meal.or are ye havin any at all.
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
for my older brothers wedding we had them after the meal and the people making the speeches couldnt eat their meals. since then for the other weddings mine included we had them before the meal so people could relax and enjoy their meals worked out great
MammyC Posts: 3621
same as peaseblossom, before is better
Dee71 Posts: 412
we arehaving ours before the mead becuase the BM and others want toenjoy their meals
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
I also was hoping to have them before the meal, but the hotel pointed out that people are usually eager to eat, and so are more likely to sit around stuffed to listen to speeches afterwards, so I went with that. But I think the idea of them beforehand is great if the gap between ceremony/photos/meal is not to long.
Alluring Posts: 929
I have been to a few weddings where they had the speeches before the meal. Coming straight from the BM & H2B themselves, they said they would be too nervous to enjoy the meal.
Im-Loving-it Posts: 70
Hi we having them before meal aswel, i think its a grt idea, let the speakers enjoy their food! only thing is, i think you'l need to hav an early meal as people will start to get hungry!
funkyfish Posts: 7626
before definitely better