Spending Your SSIA

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Miss Sunshine Posts: 1128
What does everyone plan on doing with their SSIA when they receive it? I really don't know whether to continue saving it, save some & spend some or just blow the whole feckin lot. Have visited www.spendyourssia.ie but still no ideas. Was thinking of comestic surgery!!
justforfunsies Posts: 2502
whats comestic surgery?? :D just kidding malibu??? would u seriously consider that?? no matter what i didn't like bout my body I soo wouldn't do something as drastic as that!!
Anonymous Posts: 24542
SSIA will pay for the wedding, maybe a new car for h2b if we have a bit over. I would def get cosmetic surgery if I could afford it.
charli Posts: 5994
we are planning on moving house and are going to use it for that! hopefully!!
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
What would you get done?
Miss Sunshine Posts: 1128
Oooops sorry cosmetic surgery! :oops: Yeah i would definitely consider it although i would be bricking it going under the knife for something like that. If it was a bit less expensive i'd 100% do it because it would probably eat up all my SSIA but at the moment i'm 95% interested in doing it. I'd like to get a nose job and some liposuction.
*gone* Posts: 4785
MRS H TO BE Posts: 1410
Our ssia doesn't come through until next year ( we started on the very last day!) I cannot wait for it :D , it will help clear loans,contribute to the wedding and some we'll put away for our girls for when they're older. I can honestly say the ssia was the best idea this govt has come up with by far!
*gone* Posts: 4785
I'm the same as you Mrs. H ... will have to wait another 12 months (like you, signed on the VERY LAST DAY!), but at least it's a way of making sure I don't spend it between here and next year! In the meantime, we'll save a little bit to tide us over for deposits etc.
Mrs Snove Posts: 1611
I'm blowing at least some of mine on a gigantic shopping spree.....because I'm worth it :lol: :lol: :lol: