Spiritual Retreat

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Newme2013 Posts: 704
Has anyone ever done a spiritual retreat? I am looking to do a one day retreat with a few friends who have been through some hard times. Anyone know of anything like this?
castaway Posts: 296
There are retrets in Dalgan Park just outside of Navan. I know of people who have attended and found them great. I've never been so can't give you first hand info.
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
I don't know if this is the right kind of 'spiritual' but these guys http://www.emmauscentre.ie/multi/default.asp?itemId=193 have a lovely centre and the rooms are really comfy
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
Hiya, I am a Religion teacher so know a bit about this kind of thing. Think it's a lovely idea for you and your friends to do. A lot of places in Ireland are very Christian orientated, is that what you were looking for? Or were you looking for something a bit more general?
Newme2013 Posts: 704
[quote="TheCatsMother":10z8y3qs]Hiya, I am a Religion teacher so know a bit about this kind of thing. Think it's a lovely idea for you and your friends to do. A lot of places in Ireland are very Christian orientated, is that what you were looking for? Or were you looking for something a bit more general?[/quote:10z8y3qs] Thanks for replies girls. We are looking for a one day thing to start off with and then maybe do a weekend depending on how we get on. We would prob be more general but don't mind if it is a Christian one. Just want something that will help get a bit of headspace and just clear the heads a bit.