Spooting vs bleading - Whats considered normal bleeding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babe06 Posts: 898
Hi Girls Just wondering do any of ye know whats considered normal bleeding? Basically my af is like this now Maybe day before -spooting Day 1 - bleeding - brown/red Day 2 - bleeding - brown red Day 3 - nothing! Day 4/5 - brown spoting. Basically their very light and I only really need to use some kind of protecting for 2 days - if that. Anyone any ideas? I remember reading somewhere that spoting afterwards was a bad sign but can't remember why. Also I just posted another topic on reaction from GP - i find I'm getting no where with them - I was in for hormonal bllod tests on Friday only from begging and mentions I was temping and she told me I was wasting my time!
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
Hi babe06, I get fairly light periods aswell, I don't think it's anything to worry about. It normally starts off with a day of spotting and then I get red blood for about 2-3 days then another day of spotting. AF is only considered AF when it's red blood. I saw your other post so will reply to that now but do you know how long your luteal phase is - I know you mentioned you were charting. Spotting is considered normal if it doesn't start before 10 dpo (days past ovulation). In the tcoyf book, it says if you get days of spotting after your af it should be looked into but I don't think yours is unusual - just my opinion. There's no such thing as a normal period but it doesn't sound like yours is out of the ordinary. I'm sorry you haven't had any luck with your gp - have you considered changing? If you feel something isn't right, you should be able to talk to your gp without feeling like you're making a mountain out of a molehill! Has your cycle changed or has it always been like this? Will reply to the other post now. Good luck!