Sport

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Hi girls, I've heard people say that you shouldn't be doing any sport after a certain time in your pregnancy because of cartilage and hip bones being very "loose" or something. Not explaining very well, but does anyone know what I'm talking about? I enjoy sport and have continued running once a week, but I'm wondering if I should stop any time soon? I'm very much a believer in "mom knows best" and it all feels fine to me at the moment, but I don't want to push it. I'm almost 9 weeks gone now. :thnk
jen2 Posts: 3106
If you have been running all the time, and are already a fit person, then i think it would be ok, to still do a light run. I think Sonya O Sullivan and paula Radcliffe ran untill they were about 5 or 7 months. Also a friend of my was horse riding until see was 7 months and could not get on the horse any more, and I skied at 7 weeks and 4.5 months, and my doc said I was fine, but just to be careful. I would ru it by your OBGYN or GP, just to be on the safe side. Jen2
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Hi Sleep Monster, you have to avoid any contact sports, or sports where you risk falling and getting hurt (skiing, horseriding etc...) swimming is recommended as is walking. I think you need to be careful with running, as it can be quite hard sometimes, depending on the terrain you run on too. If you google it you'll find out more or some other girls here will be able to tell you too.
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
:o0 I'm no Paula or Sonia anyway :o0 All feels fine at the moment, will try to google and if anyone else knows what I'm talking about :thnk