Spot Creams

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dixie Chick Posts: 9
Hey gurlys , I'm about 4wks pg !!!! Am soooo happy. Went to my GP and she did put my mind a rest, i had told her that i thought i was getting AF because i had cramps and headaches to i took Neurophen Plus. When i did my pg test and the 4 bfp's i kinda started freaking because i was after taken neurophen. GP said should be ok. but its only clicked with me now that maybe i shouldn't be using my normal spot cream either. Its Netrogena visibly clear - its probably just really mild but am afraid anyhow. Can anyone tell me am i just over reacting or what?? Feel really silly askng this question.
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I've never heard of anything like topical spot creams not being allowed during pregnancy. I've been using lots over the past few months for my skin. It would say it on the tube or on the leaflet with it if there was any issue with it though.
Emme Posts: 4735
Hi hopingforsoon, I think a non prescription cream is fine but just to be sure to be sure check with your GP. I know mine wouldn't prescribe me any topical cream whatsoever. From a bit of research I did on the internet on the cream I was already on it said there were no effects during pregnancy but all these GP's and drug companies are just so careful which is fair enough. Hopefully you won't need it. I expected my skin to explode and instead it's the best it's been in 17 long spotty years!!
Busy Mom Posts: 2910
my doc told me that i can use topical creams but that i'm wasting my time - that if you're going to get bad skin in pregnancy you're going to get it & there's nothing can be done
pattie Posts: 2379
My GP prescribed Dalacin T lotion for use after 12 weeks. It's an antibiotic which is safe in pregnancy. I'm sure your Neutrogena cream is fine. Even Benzoyl Peroxide is considered safe.
firstbaby Posts: 112
If your worried try applying toothpaste on your spots before you go to bed a night, it works believe it for not. :wv
funkyfish Posts: 7626
i had bad spots for a few weeks maybe 5/6 and now my skin is class!!! hang in there chicken
Emme Posts: 4735
Honey face masks are really good too! Thats litereally honey out of the jar smeared on!