Menu

SPOTTING 2dpo ????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Girls, I'm petrified! Got a + opk on Sunday am so think I ov'ed on sun which would make today 2dpo. Went to the loo and had a small bit of blood pinky mucus, obviously too early for implantation :babydust: :babydust: Am now worried that there is something wrong :o( have a crampy type feeling also. Has anyone ever had this before? The one month I'm getting day 21 bloods done :o( Thanks,
honeymoonbaby Posts: 896
lovethesite I don't want to freak you out now or anything that could simply be an ovulation bleed and that is pretty common. Are you temping how do you know it was Sunday you definitely ov'd it could have been Monday or Tuesday. If I were you though as you are going to your dr's for day 21 bloods I would ask him to just do an internal exam explain you want to ensure that this bleed was an ov bleed. The same thing started happening to me when we were ttcing no 2. All the dr's fobbed me off about the bleeding, my GP and 2 Gynae's I had 2 mc's and then was put on clomid got my bfp but have bleed/spotted/clotted everyday since. At 18 weeks they discovered a polyp at the mouth of the cervix which is causing it. This was there all along and could have caused the mc's I have been in and out of hospital as a result of the bleeding as as the pregnancy progresses it bleeds more so two weeks ago I woke up in a bed of blood. This could have very easily been removed prior to me getting pregnant and I would have been saved all this stress. I am annoyed that even after going to them all about the bleeding that none of them did an actual internal exam they all did scans but that wouldn't have picked it up. So while in your case it is most probably nothing to be concerned about I would just ask for an internal so that you can rule it out and don't leave till they do one.
lovethesite Posts: 1054
Many thanks for your reply honeymoonbaby. This was the first time it happened to me and it's stoped today so was just for a few hours yesterday. I'll definitely mention it to the doctor and if referred to a gyny will ask them to check. Did you have any pain with the spotting?
honeymoonbaby Posts: 896
Hi lovethe site, no no pain and even now with major bleeds I have no pain. That was how my spotting was though around ov just when I wiped and it might only have been once when I went to the loo. Your GP can also do an internal.
kala Posts: 1937
what does 21 day bloods involve. my gp has refered me too a gynae as i have spotting for bout 5 days before my period and bout 5 days after my period. and some spotting around ovulation and im thinking the gynae might do bloods- going private but wont get an appt for 4 weeks and im due bk to work around then so id be curious to know whats involved