Spotting at 5 weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mummytime Posts: 3149
I had a small bleed whilst out walking last Monday. Nothing since. Since then the hospital have been monitoring my hcg levels and they were rising very quickly so booked in for a scan in two weeks. I got home this eve after a 20 min brisk walk and there was small bit of spotting again. Nothing since. I have had three miscarriages previously, two early miscarriages in the past few months. I suspect I have low progesterone as I have a short leutal phase and low bbts. Never bled however if my two successful pregnancies. My boobs are getting bigger however no nausea yet. Just looking for some advice/reassurance. Thx
babyforus Posts: 1619
Sorry I have no real advice I just wanted to reply to say I hope you are ok. Did they give you anything for the suspected low progesterone? Maybe give the hosp a ring or your gp? I small bleed at 12 weeks on ds and it was ok.
Luka Posts: 1904
HI Mummytime. I bled on my DS at 5 weeks, it was implantation bleeding. I had 2 miscarriages before him. I was prescribled 10mg Duphaston, a progesterone tablet, to take once I got pg after the miscarriages & started taking it once I found out I was pregnant, I still had the implatation bleed but everything was fine. It was my Gynae that suggested I take it. If you have had miscarriages your GP & Gynae should be suggesting taking some form of support. Also I was told not to exercise on my DS, as my pregnancy history was "poor" (my GP's words). Take it easy & ask about Duphaston. xx
TurtleBaby1 Posts: 693
I had a good bit of spotting at 5 weeks on both of my pregnancys and there was no problems - hang in there xxx
annonTTCer Posts: 532
like luca. i was put in duphaston. but this was only because i enquired about it. The consultnatsaid there was no studies to prove it worked , but that it would n't do any harm and he said anything taht would give me a positive attidue would also help i said i wanted to feel like this time i did something different so i took it from week 5 to week 15, just came off it last week, and i'm coming up to 17 wks saturday. all 3 mc's had been before 9 weeks! i would defintley suggest asking about it and take comfort that your HCG levls are increasing, loads of women have bleeding.spotting and everything is fine, i was advised t take it easy for the first few weeks so maybe leave the walks out for the momnet, or just go for a light stroll! best of luck pet, i'll be thiking of you! :wv
MrsAug2010 Posts: 257
Hi Mummytime, I've had spotting from the start. Initially I thought it was implantation bleed but it has continued and like you is heavier with activity. I went to the EPU last week and I have a subchoronic Hematoma, which is like a little blood clot, usually it shorts itself out by bleeding slowly or the body can absorb it. Have you called your local EPU? Although I am having this spotting seeing the babies :lvs was very reassuring. The midwives were lovely and have told me to ring any time if I am worried. Might put your mind at rest too.
mummytime Posts: 3149
Thanks for the replies. They were very reassuring. I had a scan today and there was a sac so everything looks ok for 5 weeks. The consultant prescribed progesterone so feel happier to have that. No spotting since, thankfully. Mrs Aug and Anon, best of luck with the rest of your pregnancies
annonTTCer Posts: 532
Glad to hear scan went well, best of luck!
Silini2 Posts: 3834
Mummy time I hope all is well. Just to reassure you I bled weeks 4 to 9 on dd2. Had three scans at the time they just said they thought it was my cervix... I had bright red bleeds and even clots. Used to be worse in morning ESP after going to the loo (tmi). I was convinced I was miscarrying. Had bright red bleed at five and seven weeks with dd1 too. Xx
newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
Hi Mummytime, I too had bleeding with my 1st baby, thankfully everything went well but it is very worrying when it happens. I hope your scan has put your mind to rest and helped to reassure you. I was told at the time its is actually very common. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.