Menu

Spotting but no temp dip.... AF or implantation???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sally Posts: 1140
Had spotting today before lunch when I went to the loo (no. 2s sorry TMI) but nothing since. I was convinced it was AF and was really upset but have had nothing since. Im 12DPO but my period is due today as well, my temp was still up this morn. Its prob AF as I have cramps as well but a small part of me wants to believe its implantation bleeding.... this can happen up to 12 DPO cant it. Oh I feel so down today and really thought it was our month, had good cry a lunch time and then my friend saw my red eyes so I had to spill the beans... she thinks im crazy charting and taking all the supplements (evening primrose, agnus cactus)... she reckons I should stop for a month and let nature take its course... is she right. Thing is if I stopped charting I think I would feel less in control, At least I know whats happening when I am. Am thinking of giving acupuncture a go this month... might relax me. Sorry so long. Im dreading AF coming.
ros Posts: 749
Sally, I think you are taking it a bit seriously. If you are trying 4 months (from what I've read from another post) and you are young enough, then why the stress? It will happen for you. Personally, I don't believe in any of the supplements or bs that the marketing department of these companies will have us believe will help us in TTC. I think the absolute best things you can do to maximise your chances are: Eat healthily - stop drinking/drink less and stop smoking (especially in the 2 week wait) Exercise Get to know your cycle (should take about 4-6 months of charting) Don't take your temperature after your ovulation has been confirmed Get your partner to do the healthy bit too And then, I really believe it will happen for you!
Mrs J Posts: 387
Think you probably need to relax about it all - I know its easier said than done but I found that I was beginning to obsess a little and to be honest the internet and sites like this aren't always helpful. The month I ended up conceiving was one of our busiest all summer - we were hardLy ever home and DTD just twice (early on in my cycle so I really didn't think anything would come of it). In my head I was thinking we could 'work' on it a bit harder the following month but then I got my BFP (we'd been trying for 6 months). Think if you have a fair idea of your cycle (which if its regular or semi-regular, you will without the need for charting and temps) you can bear this in mind when DTD but try to take your mind off it and you might be surprised with the result (I know I was!). HTH and good luck!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Sally I think the same about myself. Maybe we are getting too hung up on the science of it all? As this is the first month I've ever done it I'm finding it all very interesting but I can imagine being totally fed up with it 3 months down the line. Especially things like EWCM, OPK and temps (which I haven't done yet) Am thinking if I'm doing everything "right" for a couple of months and no joy, then I will try a more relaxed approach for a couple of months - i.e. just do it at the right time of the month as far as I can tell. Please don't lose hope - you're young and haven't been trying all that long (look at the list of TTCers) and you're doing as much as you possibly can - it's out of your hands after that unfortunately. :xxx By the way taking those vitamins will not do you any bit of harm - they're good for your general health and hormone balances anyway.
Thanks girls... has a bit of a freak out yesterday.... normally im a bit more level headed than that. I did enjoy all the charting stuff at the start but am starting to obsess a bit alright. Had a big fight with hubby last night as I was in such bad form and said he didnt care about having a baby... he just hates me being so negative but im allowed a moan occasionally... we sorted it all out though. Not sure whether to continue with the charting this month or not, ill have to think about it. Def going for acupuncture though even if it just relaxes me it will be great. Im going to start a night course as well to keep my mind occupied. Might try to take a break from this site for a while too even though I love it and it keeps me sane. Is weird on the AF front, had that bleeding yesterday and some slight brown discharge today and otherwise nothing. It feels like its coming but not here yet. Didnt take temp this morning so dont know if up or down. Wish it would make up its mind. It usually just comes and thats that. I still have a shred of hope left. Thanks again and sorry for being a big moany pants.
V. interesting indeed! Keep us posted ! :eek
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Well Sally any news? Did the witch arrive or are you still in with a chance. Try not to worry too much. I am in the same boat - had bleeding today at 9dpo so don't have a clue what is going on - can't concentrate in work and I have loads to do - it is taking over my life today thinking about it - but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing if is only once in a while. You are allowed to let it get to you once in a while - but give yourself 5 minutes or feeling sorry for yourself and then move on and do something to get you out of the rut - pamper yourself. (That's my answer for everything these days - pamper yourself)
The bitch came indeed... with a vengance.... had the spotting for three days and then hey presto. Ah well, think ill wallow for a few days and try get my reserves up for next month. :o( :o( :o( :o( :o( :o(
[quote="sally":3fu8442d]The bitch came indeed... with a vengance.... had the spotting for three days and then hey presto. Ah well, think ill wallow for a few days and try get my reserves up for next month. :o( :o( :o( :o( :o( :o([/quote:3fu8442d] F*!$*£!!!*! :o( :o( :o( O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| Ok, time to think "Valentine's Baby" Sally :lvs At least it should be a bit easier to get in the mood for all the "baby dancing" with all the romance that will be in the air next month! Visualize yourself dancing round the place in a pair of red shoes singing "Ding dong the witch is dead"! :o0
mammybean Posts: 10364
i am so sorry to hear that sally chin up for next month