Spotting (I think) TMI!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Nicey Posts: 200
Hi, Just wanted to see if this is normal, because otherwise I'm likely to worry about it WAY too much... I'm just over 6 weeks pregnant, as you can see from my ticker :compress Yesterday evening and again today I've noticed what I think is spotting (when I wipe after going to the loo) but am not sure. I'm not sure because it's more brown-ish than reddish (sometimes I would get something like this right at the end of AF). But I'm just wondering: 1) Is this spotting (brownish)? 2) Is it normal to have spotting at this stage? 3) and has anyone else had this? Thanks :thnk
steen Posts: 1335
Probably no harm running it past your GP sure it is absolutely fine nothing to worry about.
Jeidi Posts: 3128
I had this at 4w3d... went to the GP who referred me to the EPU - had app at 7w and all was fine. Midwife said it was an implantation bleed. It was a minimal amount of blood but I wasnt taking any chances. Since then I have had small amounts(when I wipe) at 4 week intervals in or around when I'd be due my period... weird... but babs is flying it, kicking away mental. I'd ring your GP, a trip to the EPU costs nothing, takes 15 mins and is sooo worth the piece of mind! PLUS you get to see your babs!
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
When I had my first appointment with the doctor she told me that I may get a slight bleed and that it was normal to have a slight amount of spotting but that if it was in any way heavy or accompanied by abdominal pains to contact her immediately. I got that a small amount of spotting (like what you are describing) at about 7 weeks but I had no pain so I wasn't worried but then a few days later I got bad abdominal pains (but not bleeding at the same time). I went to the doctor and told her so she sent me to the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit and they did a scan and all was fine. I was told that the bleeding was implantation bleeding (as in the baby implanting futher into the lining of the uterus) and the pains were probably just streching pains (as in my body just getting ready to be streched). If you're in any way worried though, go straight to your doctor.
Nicey Posts: 200
Thanks girls. I suppose I'll see how I am tomorrow. I don't have any pain, except for the usual AF-light-cramp-like feeling, that I've had since the beginning, so hopefully as MrsJayKay says it's just implantation bleeding. If it continues I'll definitely head to my GP for peace of mind.
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
[quote="Nicey":m5a1u3q4]Thanks girls. I suppose I'll see how I am tomorrow. I don't have any pain, except for the usual AF-light-cramp-like feeling, that I've had since the beginning, so hopefully as MrsJayKay says it's just implantation bleeding. If it continues I'll definitely head to my GP for peace of mind.[/quote:m5a1u3q4] I'm not a doctor, I'm only saying what happened with me. If you're in any way worried about the spotting go straight into your gp or even just ring them and see what they say. HTH