spotting???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
hi girls, I was 9 weeks pregnant on Tuesday. Yesterday at lunchtime I had some very slight spotting - it was literally one spot of pinkish blood, which dried out as light brown on white knickers (sorry, hope you've all had your breakfast already). I had no cramps and no other blood since. Is this something to worry about? I know bleeding can be caused by sex but unfortunately I hadn't had any sex since last week!!! I have a slight thrush infection at the moment - I don't know if that could be it? And should I ring up my GP/consultant about it? I would feel really daft saying there was one spot of blood but I am worried about it, especially as my symptoms have been so slight so far. Has anyone else had this? What should I do?
Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
I wouldn't think its anything to worry about but I'd just give your GP a ring and mention it to him/her. It'll put your mind at ease
That's what I'm going to do, Hairy Molly - thanks. And I feel better after Googling the subject this morning. Came across this by a US obstetrician for example: "in the first 3 months of pregnancy spotting is quite common. it can be attributed to early development in the uterus; your body is producing more blood to carry nutrients to the fetus. a little bleeding is not uncommon. unless there is a lot of bleeding, like a normal period, along with severe cramps, there is no cause for concern."
fancypants Posts: 453
I think if you have any concern - speak to your doctor. Doesn't matter if you think it may not be important etc - if you are worried, then it is a worry and worth checking out - just to put your mind at ease
Port Princess Posts: 1154
Hiya, I had spotting on my DS2 when I was about 9 weeks gone aswell, it is common and thankfully everything was okay but definitely get it checked out phone the hos and tell them and they'll tell you whether they want you to come in for a scan or something just more than likely to put your mind at rest!! Good luck!
Was just on to GP, who said this kind of thing is very common in the first 12 weeks and to just take it easy (nice to have another excuse!). Feel relieved but will find the next 3 weeks until the scan very tough going!
Fuck just after being to the loo and have some brown discharge in my undies and also when i wiped. Like the very end of a period. Will i ring my GP. I'm only just about 6 weeks gone. Now i'm really worried. I don't want to loose this babs. What was your spotting like Blackcat
Hi again Hairy! My spotting came out pink (i.e it was pink when I wiped) but it dried out in my white knickers as light brown. I described this to my GP on the phone (morto!) and he said this sounded normal, that I should only be worried if it was heavier like a period. Keep an eye on it and if you're obsessing about it, you should definitely give your GP a quick call just to set your mind at rest. I was freaking out since yesterday afternoon and am sorry I didn't check with the doctor sooner.
Cowslip Posts: 761
Hairy Molly, I'm sure it isn't anything to worry about but if I were I would give my gp a call just to put my mind at rest....It would only take five minutes of your doctors time but the reassurance would mean a lot more to you... I'm no expert, its just what I think I would do myself...
oh god oh god oh god i just hope its ok. she's not there until 3 so gonna ring then. i've had a look on the net there and some say it could be a sign of miscarriage starting others say that its normal and only to worry if its red but its hard now to worry. I'm nearly after dropping dead in the loo. sorry blackcat i know you're in the same position. did the doc just say to sit tight or have you to come into him for a checkup