Spotting (TMI)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Amberangel Posts: 488
Girls I have just has the worst night? I am 5.5 weeks pg. I saw brown spotting on my panty liner last evening, which continued for the night. then I had a little back pain , and mild pain in front(which would be streching or mild cramp I dont know!) Anyhow Got so scared I rang the doctor- he said there was little he could do, just told me to relax today and do nothing. Anyhow got some sleep last night , and the symptoms have not got any worse..... Would love to be hopeful be am so scared. Have less spotting this morning, and am just trying to get through today so I can speak to my own doctor tomorrow. This is so so frightening....
theoracle Posts: 7664
The fact that it is a brown discharge is very encouraging. This is very common and is not usually associated with any issues in pregnancy. There would be reason to worry if there is red bright blood together with strong cramping. I know it is not easy not to worry, but try to relax. I had (bright red) bleeding in my recent pregnancy - I went out of my mind with worry but it was only due to a cervical polyp and I went on to have a lovely daughter. I am sure your little bean is fine.
I hope so...have just been trying to relax all day.. have been getting mild cramps on and off all day, but the spotting i lighter than yest....One other problem no is that pain is more located to my left side---which might mean an eptopic. :o( ...I just wish it was 9am in the morning when I could talk to my own doctor....
delgirl Posts: 1706
Hi hun, As hu101 said do try and relax. I was in a very similar situation and had bright red bleeding too which also turned out to be a polyp. I know it is so hard not to worry but staying positive and relaxing will do you the world of good. It is so hard to hear the docs say there is nothing they can do - but there is something you can do and that is to try and remain calm and take care of yourself. As hu101 said the fact that it is brown in a normal symptom of pregnancy. Is it around the time your period would normally be due? It is quite normal to have spotting at this time as your cervix continues to contract around the time your af would be due? Let us know how you get on with the doc.
Just back Gp- Have an early scan on Friday. She is almost certain nothing is wrong but said it would b best to have to be sure. Am glad to be honest b/c hopefully then I will be able to put my mind at ease too.. To top it all off, looks like I a UTI now aswell....it could be a long week. Thaanks for your support... :thnk
over the moon Posts: 676
Amberangel, only seeing your post now...hope you're ok. Your GP sounds very hopeful that everything will be ok so thats a good sign and that's good that she's booked you in for an early scan. Will say a little prayer for you :xox
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
Amberangel hope everything goes ok for you on Friday :xxx I'll be thinking about you